TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

howdy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Happychaos, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Happychaos

Happychaos Member

Been checking out the website for a couple weeks, and while we're waiting for my Model 3 (ugh...) we're awfully tempted to get a Model S (used because we have college funds, retirement, and well ... we don't want to take a second mortgage on the house). It's nice to see so many people passionate about their cars and offering advice here. Not sure if I can wait a year or two for my tech-laden car ... ugh! Just a quick note to say hi, and hope to join the owner community sooner than later.

2. ModelX

ModelX Member

Welcome to the forum! Don't ask for advice here unless you are ready to buy:cool:

3. Xenius

Xenius Member

This. I asked for advice, awaiting delivery any day now...

• Like x 1
  4. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. Buddy

Buddy Member

I had a model 3 reservation number (still do actually) but then I test drove a Model S. Waiting 2 months for my car to be built is a struggle, I can't imagine waiting 2 more years for the model 3!

If you start looking at the model S I doubt you'll not get one so make your choice now. The red pill or the blue pill?

6. MacOnWheels

MacOnWheels Member

Welcome to the forum! Once you start looking at the S it's just a mater of time before you order one. I'm sure the people in line behind you for the 3 will appreciate you buying an S.

Enjoy the forum,
    Bill

7. Happychaos

Happychaos Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. The CPO site used to have a few decent deals that I missed out on (doh!) ... now it's flooded with cars out of our price range. I'd like blind spot detection and other features but don't necessarily need autopilot (at least I'm trying to convince myself of that) .... decisions, decisions. I'll keep shopping and saving I guess!