Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hows night visibility with 20% tint all around?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mirror dimming at night + tint hampers parallel parking
thankful for back camera and at least the wheels make a nice sound
worse comes to worse just roll down the window

This. I have 25% all round and at night without good street lighting it’s basically impossible to parallel park using the side mirrors without putting windows down. It would no doubt be easier if I disconnected the auto-dimming, but I’m not at that stage yet since actually driving with cars behind me at night isn’t too much of an issue.

Bottom line is I wish I’d gone with 30% or maybe even 35%. That said, during the day 25% is just so great, sun or no sun.

15% Llumar all around and no windshield tint. I see perfectly out of all my windows at night. I actually don't mind the dimmed mirrors either because it totally blocks out any glare from headlights from behind.

20% will be a-okay

• Disagree
Reactions: JeffK
Kinda subjective but here is my advice and guideline.The darker you go the more you need to consider tinting the front glass. Think of the fishbowl effect. Like when you are looking out your kitchen window, at night, and no lights inside and u can see fine, then turn on the kitchen light and u cant see well outside. The front window lets in so much light that it makes it even worse on the side windows at night. The moment you tint the front you will be able to see very well out the sides with 20%.
Trust me on this. I have 5% on all sides and full back, and 20% on the front. Its the perfect combo and you can see everything at night.