Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How's the Model 3 Air Filter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sbtz

Jan 18, 2016
CA
Coming from a Model S, whose air filter has done a great job insulating me from the exhaust, smoke, cows, etc... I'm worried about the 3 not having such an advanced filter. Any reports on how well it works compared to the S?

Coming from a Model S, whose air filter has done a great job insulating me from the exhaust, smoke, cows, etc... I'm worried about the 3 not having such an advanced filter. Any reports on how well it works compared to the S?

While it says nothing about their actual performance, this short video gives a nice visual of the air filters (yes, there are two filters):
Skipping ahead to 0:50 will get you to the pertinent portion of the video.

For what it's worth, it does appear that they are excellent quality.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy916
Got a very slight whiff of skunk today while driving out in the boonies. Don't know how well / if it actually cut down on the smell as the temps were in the low 90s and I didn't lower the windows.

Note: A/C was on but the recirculation was off.

Might want to read through this thread started when the Camp Fire broke out and the area even hundreds of miles away was smoky and had dangerous levels of VOCs. Near the end of the thread is some owner testing that was done. Not as good as our Model S bio-defense weapon filter but from where I drove around with my Model 3 I wasn't bothered by the air quality and at times it was in the Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups (101-150), Unhealthy (151-200), and one day in the Very Unhealthy (201-300) category.

How is your Model 3 doing filtering out the smoke from the forest fires?

Last edited: