Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How's this used Plaid look?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was perusing Carmax and spotted this 2022 Model S Plaid with just 3K miles on it, fully loaded in red with a white interior, the Arachnid wheels, and FSD. If I were to buy it brand new I'd be looking at $160K; this is $132K. In the current car-buying climate, that sounds like a pretty good price considering Carmax prices tend to be inflated to begin with.

My main concern is that someone decided to dump the car because they were tired of problems, but I figure that Carmax offers a 30-day return policy and whatever lingering problems remains I'd notice during those 30 days. The other concern I have is that it looks like the front hood doesn't sit flush. Could it be that when they took the photos they hood wasn't fully latched in? If not, I imagine that's something Tesla would address as a warranty item if it really was a fit-and-finish issue?

Any other gotchas folks think I should look out for? I know there's some questions about whether FSD is transferrable, but it looks like in this case it should be since it's still on the car. And before anyone thinks about pulling this out from under me, I've already reserved it :D.

Good find. I would ensure the warranties transfer. I remember selling a model S in 2017 and had to inform Tesla at the time how it was sold. I ask how that mattered and they mention private sale the warranty would transfer but dealer it would not. I would think that is not the case today but you never know. Also, I would ensure it supercharges with no issues. Grab the Vin, find a friend at a showroom and see if they can run the vin to see if there were any issues that are known by tesla. All other concerns could probably be handled through tesla if warranty is good. Besides, you'd be way ahead over new due to the two FOBs and the mobile charger.