Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How's V11 on the "Legacy" Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems like as of 2022.4.5.3 I been having more problems with cellular issues where I have to reset to get it to work again. One plus to v11 is that whatever 'cold weather improvements' they've done recently seem to actually have helped. Last week Denver didn't reach above freezing for days and that's the most comfortable I've been in my car since I've owned it. Previously my feet were always cold etc.

Have a midyear 2014 Model S P85 with MCU1. It finally upgraded to v11 last week. Staying with MCU1 wasn't enough to escape v11, I guess.
The main issue I have noticed with v11 on the classic car is that the UI loses the main screen setup If the car sits more than a day. It loses the music source and the fact that I have the Energy graph app displaying. If I drive the car every day, it doesn't forget.

I'm planning on reporting it as a defect to Tesla, but not very hopeful to get it fixed.

My early 2016 90D upgraded to V11 about a week ago or so as well. I was dreading the update and one reason I held off on the MCU2 upgrade, but I gave in and started the updated before V11 came out. What do you know, I actually liked it. I wish there were just a couple more apps that could be set for default display, but that's a super minor gripe. For me, it worked well and even my MCU1 seemed to work a bit better with V11.

Now that I have MCU2 and V11, it definitely feels like a new car. I never used radio or XM so I don't miss those at all and the rest of the improvements are SOOOO worth it!

I've a 2015 P85D with the MCU2 upgrade, something I can wholeheartedly recommend. Things like summon and most app integration functions barely worked with MCU1 but it's all in place with 2.

Most of my gripes about v11 have been addressed over the course of the year except for the default displays for virtually any media source- way too little information vs. empty gray space, and the track progress indicator is invisible a majority of the time. It generally only shows up when you try to use another control and bump into it, skipping forward or backwards by some large amount by accident. Utterly useless, and I'm surprised I haven't seen more complaints about it on these forums. I would not say it's enough of a reason to put off a v11 upgrade, though.

A recent update added arrival SOC back to all of the navigation views, a subtle change that made a big difference in my overall experience. Those are the sorts of little v11 fixes that I was hoping to see more of across 2022.

Still rocking v10 and so glad I am :) I get the popup asking me to install an update every time I get in the car but I prefer to hit the X and keep going with v10 then to upgrade and not deal with the popup

Everything with v11 is a downgrade from v10. If you have it, you can live with it sure. But still makes no sense that they took everyone backwards.

• Love
Reactions: kavyboy
Still rocking v10 and so glad I am :) I get the popup asking me to install an update every time I get in the car but I prefer to hit the X and keep going with v10 then to upgrade and not deal with the popup

Everything with v11 is a downgrade from v10. If you have it, you can live with it sure. But still makes no sense that they took everyone backwards.
Dismissing the popup is muscle memory at this point. I don't even notice it. I think I hit the screen with my thumb to dismiss it, but I'm not even sure.

Reactions: brico84
I have no personal problems with v11 on my MCU1. At least dash cam and sentry recording works 100% of the time now! I could only get it to work for one drive before having to reformat...and even then it only recorded 5-10% of the time. It's been up for a solid two weeks now with zero reformats needed.

Reactions: Art VandeIay