Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How's your line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how the process is for ordering 2 model 3's?

In particular, if I reserve one for an immediate family member, is it hard to transfer ownership etc...?

I want to order two for my adult children and one for myself. I contacted the KC store yesterday and was told that my son can order three, but has to do two, then get back in line to order the third. He can also only pay for two at one time, and would have to pay for the two at one time (not two different transactions). Each transaction will be for each person (different email addresses and names) because that is the way we want it but also because you can't transfer reservations. My son at the store will pay for all three, so you can pay for someone else's reservation. This is what I was told; he hasn't tried to do that yet, but will this afternoon when he can get to the store.

Reactions: ggnykk
Tesla should have created a "Reserve your Model 3" mobile app.

1. Load the app
  2. Populate it with all the information Tesla wants from you and press OK.
  3. The app displays a barcode for the Tesla personnel to scan.
  4. Processing time is 2 seconds per person instead of 30x that. Lines move blazingly fast.

And they hype dies down quicker. I like it like this :)

12923155_1197189810293166_6831993825483335820_n.jpg

One of the pictures of the Columbus, Ohio line. Reportedly over 150 when 10:00 AM hit. I was #11 in queue and my reservation was completed at 10:04 AM. Very fast!

The manager of the store was awestruck by the response and wasn't expecting so many people to be there so early, when he first went in to open up.

Kudos to the awesome Roadster owner who brought coffee for most of the early line :D
12524229_10107316924471625_7490078759157207642_n.jpg