Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HOWTO get refund for non-delivered FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many buyers of FSD have not received what they expected when they purchased. It should be reasonable to expect a refund for a purchase that is arguably non-delivered. Yet, Tesla does not voluntarily offer that.

I guess in USA Tesla only refunds after starting arbitration or taking them to small claims court. Please share what have or have not worked for you.

How is the situation outside USA? In many countries consumer protection laws should force refund even without taking Tesla to court. Any experiences you can share?

Please: This thread is not for debating whether Tesla should refund, but for sharing advice on how to force them to refund when the buyer expectations have not been met.

Reactions: KJD
I am not sure how this can be done unless you can bring in a class action lawsuit , in my opinion, majority of the people who have purchased FSD are willing to wait as this is something which has never been done before and for any innovation ( not an imitation) the road to success has potholes of failures, but persistence with intelligence wins at the end.

Your refund option is basically to sell the car privately, which is the only way FSD is transferable, and for which it still holds value.

Tesla has their bases covered. They never said when you were going to get FSD. At least they didn't in 2018 when I bought my Model 3.
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.19.18 PM.png

This discussion has already happened here, in this existing thread. If this thread continues past about 10 posts, it will look exactly like that one.

This discussion has already happened here, in this existing thread. If this thread continues past about 10 posts, it will look exactly like that one.

The purpose of the thread is not whether FSD is refundable. It is not: Tesla does not offer refunds.

Instead, this is a place to share advice on how to successfully force Tesla to refund. Whether it requires direct legal action (lawsuit, arbitration) or engaging with consumer protection agencies in countries they have power to force the issue.

I tried to make this clear from the opening of the thread, but it is inevitable that some people will ignore the scope of the thread.