Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPC error cable strain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not familiar with HPC's, but the NEC code requires that the EVSE provide interlock equipment to prevent cables from being stretched too far. I suspect there's some type of a strain switch in it that is tripped or malfunctioning?

now i made some Pictures of the HPC:

first the controllerboard, in my opinion all connected correct

HPC1.jpg

on the second you see the inside, green+red+black for connecting power, purple for the connection Signal, no further modification

HPC2.jpg

on the third you see that i decomposed the cable strain switch and fixed it. there i found the small green plug, i don't know whats the function of this one, there is no free cable to plug in.

HPC3.jpg

and the last Shows the cable strain LED flashing

HPC4.jpg

PLEASE HELP ! i Need this thing to work. any hint? or is somebody able to make a picture of inside his own HPC so i can compare?

thanks
Manfred from the middle auf europe

Hi Manfred..

Were you ever able to figure out the problem? I am now faced with the exact same issue and I know what the fix involves, but I don't know the steps.

Basically, there is a reset procedure that needs to be performed to make the "cable strain" error message go away. It involves some combination of pressing the "reset" button a prescribed number of times but for the life of me I can't remember the details. (I was able to reset it last year, but stupidly didn't write anything down).

So, if maybe you've found this same information, it would be great if you could tell me. If not, I'll keep looking and maybe I can post it here if/when I find it.

Regards,

Patrick Gough (California)