TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HPC For Sale

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by josh, Feb 4, 2009.

1. josh

josh Member

My sig100 tesla came with the HPC included, but I'm thinking of just using the 240v travel charger, for my needs that seems to be enough.

If anyone is interested, I am looking to sell my HPC. I'll give a small discount to retail. The charger is new in the box.

Let me know!

J

2. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Hey Josh,
    You should look for somewhere strategic about 100mi away from where you live and see if they will install it if you give it to them. That way you can take more long trips. I imagine some businesses like a restaurant would like to install it for the PR and attracting other Tesla customers. Just a thought.

3. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Good idea but I would go about 175-200 miles away. And make sure you get free charging for life out of them :biggrin:

4. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

#4 rolosrevenge, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
    Well, I think 100mi half way to somewhere 200 mi away, I assume that you would only stay at the place 1 to 1.5 hours which would gauntee you make it where you're going. Then you can use the travel charger to fill up again and the next day come back. I would do that since I live in Seattle and my Parents live 200 miles east. Somebody could do that between Seattle and Portland as well. It would work perfect, now all I need is a Roadster...

5. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

There is no need to do it half way between Seattle and Portland. The distance is only 180 miles.

I live in Seattle and I have a store in Portland. I plan on putting my HPC in the Portland store and offering it to any Tesla that needs a recharge.

I will use the 240 volt 30 amp mobile charger at home.

6. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

Good Idea!

Someone should set up a google map of "Tesla Charging Points" where those HPCs are installed. Tesla owners should have enough to talk about for few hours while charging "the guest".

7. Kevin Harney

Yeah putting it half way defeats the point. Put it close to the 200 miles limit and you can double your range. Travel 200 miles from home and recharge for a toal of 400-450 miles in a day. :) instead of about 300 miles.

8. Kevin Harney

And I am thinking that your I Phone could have closest recharge facilities like it has closest restaraunts or banks. :)

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

That idea has been mentioned a bunch of times before.
    A recent Aptera video showed that they have such of a feature on their GPS/NAV map screen. Something else they showed off was a realtime "range circle" showing overlaid on the GPS map how far you could safely drive round trip. It takes into account current state of charge, so you can make quick decisions about which destinations are "doable".

10. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I was just thinking about how the range decreases with the 90% - 10% charge limits for longer battery life. If you put your charger halfway you won't deep cycle your battery, but whatever works for you.

11. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

80% of 224 miles is about 180 miles and I would imagine that many Tesla owners will want to travel between LA and San Francisco in their Roadsters. So the closest big town about 180 miles from LA is Santa Maria and Google maps shows that Santa Maria Town Mall on E Cook street, a few block from the 101 has a multi Storey car park that would be Ideal for charging. Plus the mall is big enough to have an advertising budget that they could be interested in installing the charger and using it in their advertising.
    No connection to Santa Maria, never been there, don't live in the USA but if it were my charger that's who I would approach.