Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPC for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping to get our 240 charger in the next few weeks. As soon as I get it, our HPC will be offered for sale. We got our Roadster in Feb, and HAVE installed and used the HPC. Works great. I have only used it up to 40amps and typically only feed 24 amps through it since the incoming power in our house is so limited. [old house, 100amps total, undergrounded utilities so too pricy to upgrade].

Since I will never be able to really utilize the potential of this charge connector, it should land with an owner who can. . It is used, but should pack up, work, and look...."As new". I'm looking for about 75% of Tesla's price. Since ours is, officially, used. I'm in the San Francisco Bay area, but will ship anywhere.

If you are interested, please PM me here. Or email, [email protected]

I will add a photo soon. And can send one via email.

Did we ever answer the question of that (donating to a public charging location) being a potential (charity) tax deduction ? Does it have to be donated to PIA ? or another non-profit 501(c)(3) ?

I am hoping to get our 240 charger in the next few weeks. As soon as I get it, our HPC will be offered for sale. We got our Roadster in Feb, and HAVE installed and used the HPC. Works great. I have only used it up to 40amps and typically only feed 24 amps through it since the incoming power in our house is so limited. [old house, 100amps total, undergrounded utilities so too pricy to upgrade].

According to Tesla, it is better for the long term health of your battery pack to only charge at 24 amps even if you have the 70 amp HPC.

I think a lot of Roadster owners are realizing that they really don't need the HPC. The 240 volt 30 amp MC is plenty powerful for topping off between trips.
Even if you arrive home at 10 pm with an empty battery, you have a full battery by 6 am and are ready to roll.

It is also a heck of a lot cheaper to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet instead of upgrading everything for an HPC.

yep, its the original Tesla HPC, not a Clipper Creek

Its an original Tesla HPC. I'd love to be able to donate it, but with changes in fortunes over the last year [i know i'm not the only one], I can't afford the hit, even if we confirm tax status. I'll try to post a photo later today.

Rob

Price is $2k.

The price of the charger is $2k. So, if someone wants to save an even $1k for a charger that has been installed fewer than 80 days. This is for you. It works great, I've never had a fault except for the the smoke alarm. On install, it simply never functioned. I called Steven Smith, and he said that almost none of the fire alarms were working, and that Tesla thinks they got a bad batch??. His rec: unplug it. So I did. Perfect.

I still have the original packing boxes to send it in. I can pay for the UPS charge for continental US.

Cheers,
Rob
[email protected]