Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPC In Del Mar, California?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HPWCs won't work for Roadsters, as you've probably figured out, though the service center surely has some way to charge them. But last I checked, the Tesla Store at UTC (also around 10 miles from Del Mar) had a couple of HPCs. This info is somewhat dated, so call the store to make sure.

HPWCs won't work for Roadsters, as you've probably figured out, though the service center surely has some way to charge them. But last I checked, the Tesla Store at UTC (also around 10 miles from Del Mar) had a couple of HPCs. This info is somewhat dated, so call the store to make sure.

Thanks for the info Mark. I wasn't clear on the difference between the HPC and the HPWC. I understand now that the HPC is for the roadster and the HPWC is for the model S. With the logistics of my trip from Long Beach to Del Mar and back, I'm thinking about taking the train from San Juan Capistrano to Solana Beach. I haven't been on a train in 35 years so maybe it's time. :biggrin:

Clarie's in Solono Beach is where the Tesla LA club stopped a few years ago. They have added a charger to their solar array since (thanks to us?). We also had a meet at Torrey Pines (shown) that has a few Blinks in the parking garage.

Torry Pines 2.jpg

Thank you DRM for the kind offer. And thank you Eric for the info. I did take the train down and rode back with family. It was pretty cool. The waiting room at the San Juan Capistrano station was about 150 square feet and very quaint, ( I had it to myself). Unlike flying, there was almost no one on the train, what a pleasure!