Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC 2 connected to 50 AMP Breaker w/GFCI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zero CO2

a long term goal
Supporting Member
Apr 24, 2017
A Mountain in NY
Does the HPWC have an integral GFCI ...? my HPWC 2 is terminated to a 50 AMP GFCI circuit breaker... it worked flawlessly for 2 months and tonight my HPWC was dark (no LED) and the breaker was tripped ... when i switched the breaker back on it kept tripping and the HPWC 2 did not come back online....
Any ideas could there be an issue with built-in Ground fault and my breaker with a ground fault.....i would like some advice before electrician thanks

All EVSEs are supposed to have integrated GFCI and are not normally used with GFI breakers. The question is why did it work for a couple months and not now? Does the line go underground or is there any possibility at all for moisture to come in contact with the wiring between the breaker and HPWC?

All EVSEs are supposed to have integrated GFCI and are not normally used with GFI breakers. The question is why did it work for a couple months and not now? Does the line go underground or is there any possibility at all for moisture to come in contact with the wiring between the breaker and HPWC?
The HPWC is located outside but sealed per installation instructions ... I opened the housing and it looked fine dry no melting or burns...and the distance to the breaker inside my basement is a very short run 8-10 feet ... so i would say no to the moisture .... possibly should swap out the GFCI breaker with a standard breaker at the panel....