Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC 2gen 4 red flashes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi new to the forum. Expecting to pickup my 100D in 7 days! just hooked up the HPWC yesterday. But got 4 red flashes after powering it up. Manual said over/under voltage protection. What does it mean? I did flip the dip switch and turn the dial to 8 (100amp breaker). Thanks in advance!

What do you have the DIP switch set to? You shouldn’t have had to ‘flip’ it for North American normal installation. Line to line is normal split phase installation.

And the rotary setting for 100 Amp breaker 80 amp usage is D. Better reread the manual.

Hi new to the forum. Expecting to pickup my 100D in 7 days! just hooked up the HPWC yesterday. But got 4 red flashes after powering it up. Manual said over/under voltage protection. What does it mean? I did flip the dip switch and turn the dial to 8 (100amp breaker). Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I am wondering if you flipped a dip switch that was only supposed to be flipped for 277v operation?

Also, as others said, measure your "hot to hot" voltage. Should be 240v + or - say 5%.

Can you post a picture of your dip switch settings? (I trust you about the rotary dial - I am curious about the other switches)
The manual is not at all clear on this as it blathers about under and over 240 which makes no sense. The important part is line to line and line to neutral.

Again, the default setting is what it should be for residential installs. But there’s no harm in changing it to the other setting to test if it got flipped to the wrong one. It will only work in one of them in any one location.

The other setting is made for commercial three phase power (using one leg, of course!).

Last edited:
Reactions: eprosenx