TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HPWC and J-1772 Near UVA in Charlottesville

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Lanny, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Lanny

Lanny ~

The Oakhurst Inn in Charlottesville now has an HPWC and a HAL2, apparently as part of the Tesla destination charging program. There is a story with video here.

Lanny

2. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Thanks Lanny, that's good to know and that's a good location. I may swing by there when I'm up in Cville in a couple of weeks.

3. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Has anyone visited the Destination Charger at 104 1st St N, Charlottesville, VA? I was thinking of driving through there on 13 Sept on the way to a National Drive Electric Event *National Drive Electric Week Event - Richmond).

4. Lanny

Lanny ~

Jim,

I've been to that spot twice, most recently last Saturday. I plugged in to the HPWC long enough to check that it was working and it was. I charged using the CHAdeMO next to it. The CHAdeMO was running slow (44 mi. / hr) on Saturday but it was a lot faster on the previous visit (133 mi. / hr.). Greenlots is aware of the issue and says they will send a technician out.

Be aware that there is only one spot reserved for EVs and two charging stations. There is also a one hour limit posted for EV charging. Do you have a CHAdeMO adapter?

Lanny

5. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Lanny, I was going to try the HPWC (I don't have a CHAdeMO adapter). I don't need to charge, but thought I would check out the location for future reference. Then head to the EV event and then stop by len Allen SC after that.

6. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

The Oakhurst Inn location also does breakfast and lunch and the folks there are very friendly if you're doing HPWC connection. Hopefully the C-ville supercharger will come along before too very long.

7. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

I stayed at Hyatt Place in Charlottesville last night - they have HPWC's 80AMP and 3 J1772's - did my first drive back on Skyline drive (Route 231 to Ragtop Mountain - then head towards Front Royal (northbound).
    3 Hyatt Place Charlottesville VA.jpg