TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HPWC available in the Tesla Gear store $1200

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by BlkCld, Apr 12, 2013.

1. BlkCld

BlkCld Member

I was just looking at the new UMC in the Tesla Gear store and when I refreshed the page the HPWC now shows up for $1200. I guess the supply issue has been resolved.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Hopefully that means the new "fixed" ones are going out too.

3. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

I was e-mailling about something else and asked Ownership when they thought I'd be getting my HPWC. They were like "oh I see you ordered it, but there 's a note in your account that you cancelled the order...do you still want it?" I was like "um, yeah, already paid and of course I do--why the heck did someone write that I'd cancelled the order?!" My other half guesses a note was just made in the wrong account. Makes sense to me.

Anyway, if they're taking orders then hopefully that does mean I'll get mine one of these days. ;-) Now that they know I want it....

4. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Still haven't received mine... Guess I better call and make sure it wasn't "canceled"......

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Running joke: I bet they sent an extra one to AnOutsider.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

www-joker01-plain.jpg

7. kendallpb

"Oh I thought you asked us to transfer your order to AnOutsider?" "Uh...well, he's a great guy and all, but...." ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

@AnOutsider: Aha! I knew that was you!

8. PattyChuck

PattyChuck Model S P100D, Model X P90D

I still haven't gotten mine, either. My dad, who ordered his car three days after I took delivery has, of course, already received his HPWC. Emails to Tesla have all been, "oh, we'll expedite yours!"

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Hey, when I was waiting, I couldn't even get a response from them, so at least they're giving you lip service! I actually got another HPWC on Thursday (granted, it was inventory surplus) -- it's crazy that people are still waiting for them at this point.

10. kendallpb

With so many waiting on their HPWCs, they have an inventory surplus...IMHO...they have poor inventory management. :rolleyes:

11. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

Another oddity is that if you order a $1200 HPWC which is a fairly large item, there is a FedEx ground shipping option for $14. If you order a $45 power adapter, the cheapest shipping option is $21.

12. astrotoy

astrotoy Supporting Member

My backordered HWPC was just delivered today by Fedex.