Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC Cable Hanger

ekwng

Aug 3, 2012
Hi All,

I don't have that in the box. Is it not included in HK spec HPWC?

img20140919_220355.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sorry about the huge picture...can't remove it :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-19-21-56-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-19-21-56-04.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 637

AppleFan

Mar 1, 2014
Hong Kong
I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think it was included in my wall connector (not the High Power one) box either. All I know is when my installation was done -- by a Tesla recommended electrical contractor -- the cable hanger was installed. So perhaps Tesla gave a bunch to the contractors?

ekwng

Aug 3, 2012
I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think it was included in my wall connector (not the High Power one) box either. All I know is when my installation was done -- by a Tesla recommended electrical contractor -- the cable hanger was installed. So perhaps Tesla gave a bunch to the contractors?

Are they EVPowxx? They just left the cable dangling and I'm not sure if the hanger is included...

Damn i should have check the box content :mad:

Dborn

Confirmed
Aug 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Was a separate delivery in Australia. We have the same wall unit you do. It is not a whole lot of use though, the place to store the connector is for the USA connector, so our type 2 does not fit . I believe they will be upgraded next year though.

ekwng

Aug 3, 2012
OIC... Thanks guys for the info.

If not fit then just leave it... but the contractor shouldn't took it away :mad:

markwj

Moderator, Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
For HK, you are given / you can ask for, the US-style hanger (as pictured). Better than nothing, but you cannot put the plug into the holder.

I am told that the Type 2 version (for European and our cars) is due later this year and will be sent out to owners then. I've asked them to keep the mounting holes/plate the same if at all possible.

ekwng

Aug 3, 2012
For HK, you are given / you can ask for, the US-style hanger (as pictured). Better than nothing, but you cannot put the plug into the holder.

I am told that the Type 2 version (for European and our cars) is due later this year and will be sent out to owners then. I've asked them to keep the mounting holes/plate the same if at all possible.

Sounds great!

Silent Knight

Sep 1, 2015
Hong Kong
I have the same wall connector organiser which came with the wall charger but apparently, the charging connector head is too big to fit into the wall connector organizer. So I can only leave it dangling around

Avexzek

Apr 28, 2015
Hong Kong
I have the same wall connector organiser which came with the wall charger but apparently, the charging connector head is too big to fit into the wall connector organizer. So I can only leave it dangling around

I have the same organiser as you... this is aftermarket one which perfectly fit !!

Kim.T

Sep 14, 2015
Denmark
Still waiting for en european version for type2 cable. According to Tesla they don't plan to produce this version.....

Kim.T

Sep 14, 2015
Denmark
Are you using Type2 cables in Hong Kong ??
I wish I could find a cheap cable organiser like this, why aren't they available in europe - ITS ONLY A PIECE OF PLASTIC.......

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC