Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC ceiling mount with boom for cabling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering mounting the HPWC on the ceiling between two of my (4) garage spaces (professional electrician, conduit, etc) and trying to use a boom mount. so I can rotate the charging plug between the two spaces. Has anyone done something like this? I was thinking of trying to use a car wash boom to hold the cabling but not sure if there are better ideas people has come up with. My Google-fu is not Master level so I didn't see what I was looking for after a few tries.
Looking for a way to charge an S in one space and an X in another space ( not at the same time) and keeping the cabling from laying on the cars etc but be able to switch the plug between the spaces easily.

I am prepared for the flames and trolls so all comments welcome.

thanks,
jim

I mounted my HPWC on the ceiling, coiling the extra cable in the attic space above, and using a hook/cradle to keep the cable out of the way when not in use. My goal was to eliminate any tripping hazard in my garage.

IMG_20151104_110721529_HDR.jpg

thanks for the replies! I have a few idea that I think will work great. I like the idea od the spring to hold the handle. I'll post back with what I choose/come up with. I hadn't considered the reset button being 14' in the air so that was a good catch.