TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

HPWC Charging Rate Slower

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Mrwatchdawg, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

Quick question, on. HPWC what is the charge rate per hour?

Just installed mine today (sadly don't have the high amperage charger since I have 75D and not worth paying to upgrade) and love the convenence of not having to pull the cable outta the car.

Attached Files:

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

What you show is correct

3. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Member

That is all you will ever get

4. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

Ok awesome. Which honestly is more than enough to charger overnight anyway.

5. CLLACAB

CLLACAB Member

Is that with the single onboard charger. If it has the dual chargers, it should get 59 mph.

6. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

Just to clarify how to ask the question a little better in the future:
    This is a little like asking how much a bucket holds. "a bucket", as the name of an object doesn't really tell you how big it is.
    A HPWC can be installed on a 20A circuit, or a 100A circuit, and they will have vastly different charge rates per hour. So you might ask this type of thing with some numbers of volts and amps, so it's easier to answer the question. I usually run a ratio, using a given data point that I know and scale it to other levels. At 240V and 40A, it's about 29 mph for a Model S. So 40 / 29 = 48 / X. Solving for X is about 34.8, so yep, your charging rate looks like I would expect.

7. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

I would be thrilled to get 48 Amps instead of 40. particularly since most of NYC is commercial power limited to 208 V instead of 237 V that u are getting.