Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC connects/disconnects every few minutes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same problem with my 2020 Model X LR and Gen 3 HPWC. I determined that the issue is with the HPWC. I called Tesla (510-249-2490 option 2) and they pushed out a firmware upgrade for the HPWC, which has addressed the issue.

I have also noticed that in cold weather the car charges more reliably if I turn on the heater (which heats the battery) before charging.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I'm having a similar issue w/ my S. Seemingly connects/disconnects about every 5-15 minutes all day long. This does not seem to have begun w/ .48 but could have and I didn't notice it. It seems to have started more recently.

2015 P85D / 2020.48.37.1 / Original 72a HPWC.

I'm having a similar issue w/ my S. Seemingly connects/disconnects about every 5-15 minutes all day long. This does not seem to have begun w/ .48 but could have and I didn't notice it. It seems to have started more recently.

2015 P85D / 2020.48.37.1 / Original 72a HPWC.
Have you solved that problem on your P85D? If not: Is the car quiet without the HPWC? Could you measure the time more precisely and note the settings (Energy Saving, Always connected, Cabin Overheat Protection) and third party apps. You also need to move the key fob away from the car (or turn of Passive Entry).