TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HPWC Crashing

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by wdolson, Apr 27, 2017.

1. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

I was wondering if anyone else's HPWC has crashed? Mine has three times now, twice in the last two weeks. It resets by throwing the breaker and turning it back on, but I'm wondering if this is normal or if something is wrong with my HPWC.

The first time was late last summer or early fall. That time I didn't notice it had crashed (LEDs were red) until I went to unplug the car. Fortunately the car still had enough charge to run the errands we wanted to run, and it reset without any issues for nearly six months, then twice this month. The two happening so close together have me concerned.

2. Ryan MF

Ryan MF Member

Mine has done this a few times. Only once I had to flip the breaker. The other times just holding the reset button down resolved the issue.