TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HPWC & Forthcoming Single Supercharger In Florida City

Discussion in 'Florida' started by LeoJ, Jan 25, 2015.

1. LeoJ

LeoJ Member

#1 LeoJ, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    I'm planning a trip to Key West in March and the latest entry on the Marathon supercharger doesn't look very promising so I did some researching on plug share for options. Not aware if this site has been posted before, but came across a HPWC at the Tours in the Glades & Everglades at 20 SW 2nd Ave Florida City. Just talked to the lady - Owhnn (a Galeic name?) Phone number (305) 248-8458 and she said that, in addition to the present operational HPWC, Tesla will be installing a single supercharger there imminently. Asked if it would be installed by March and she confirmed it will be. She also said that travelers are free to use the chargers.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/60164

2. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the information. However, plugshare says that a second HPWC will soon be installed. Perhaps Owhnn is confusing the two.

Larry

3. NDR

NDR Member

I charged up my P85D with their HPWC earlier this week - the owner says he signed a lease with tesla and they will be installing 4 superchargers in the spots closest to the road.

4. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Welcome to the forums and thanks very much for the information.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

5. Science->Truth

Are these really superchargers, or HPWC that are coming? Would be really great if they are SpC. Any guesses on timeline?