TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HPWC installers in Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Vawlkus, May 15, 2017.

1. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

looking to know if anyone has any recommendations for getting a HPWC installed around the Halifax area.

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

Any qualified electrician can handle this. There's nothing special about it. Just use whoever you already trust.

3. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

He retired. :p That's why I'm looking for someone else that's trustworthy. In theory I could do it myself, but I rent my apartment so the landlord's calling the shots.

4. Phillip L

Phillip L Member

I have a Tesla HPWC in my garage but I knew we were getting a second electric car at some point so I had my electrician also install a NEMA 14-50 plug on the outside of the garage. When I got our Volt I bought a 40 amp charger that plugs right into the 14-50 plug. Maybe you should consider one of these instead of the HPWC since you renting, so if (when?) you move you can just unplug it and easily take it with you.

5. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

That's one of two options I'm considering. I just like that the HPWC is weather-proofed where the portable charger doesn't appear to be.