Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC is no longer incuded ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like HPWC is no longer included with new NZ cars
not sure when this changed
HPWC $785 I think

2020 HPWC is now recommended

HPWC2020.png

2019 HPWC was included free with all new cars

hpwc2019.png

yep
new M3, adding to the list, no chrome, new Uberturbine Wheels or new look aero covers, and better sound proofing

M3 Old timers, free premium connectivity, if you're early enough
Cheaper FSD if your pockets and faith was deep enough!

Ah yes, ye old funk bag hooks and frunk carpet, no expense spared back in the old days...

Mustn't forget, free homelink for the elderly M3
Auto dimming wing mirrors, although I think they might be back again not sure about that

nice !
How long till your delivery
Mine I ordered end of June 2019 arrived around end of September, it was a looong wait
Gave plenty of time to spend even more dosh on accessories

Things I ordered that you won't need with your 2020 refresh
Wireless phone charger
Taptes USB hub with hidden compartment for dash cam/sentry mode SSD Drive
Mat black wrap for the finger print magnet center console

Things you might need
Wall charger
neck brace
a strong stomach
nerves of steel, until you get used to AP
Something to wipe the grin of your face, although some say that's not possible

• Funny
Reactions: moa999
nice !
How long till your delivery
Mine I ordered end of June 2019 arrived around end of September, it was a looong wait
Gave plenty of time to spend even more dosh on accessories

Things I ordered that you won't need with your 2020 refresh
Wireless phone charger
Taptes USB hub with hidden compartment for dash cam/sentry mode SSD Drive
Mat black wrap for the finger print magnet center console

Things you might need
Wall charger
neck brace
a strong stomach
nerves of steel, until you get used to AP
Something to wipe the grin of your face, although some say that's not possible

Hoping this side of Xmas, no VIN, dates or any info yet, just hoping they'll be trying to deliver as many cars as possible for Q4 with the highest trims, and i've ordered the performance :)

Can't wait for it!

I've been purchasing a few accessories, and have to return a few now after the refresh!

Was going to order without a test drive, but succumbed to that a few months back, that cemented getting the performance haha. It was awesome!

Hoping this side of Xmas, no VIN, dates or any info yet, just hoping they'll be trying to deliver as many cars as possible for Q4 with the highest trims, and i've ordered the performance :)

Can't wait for it!

I've been purchasing a few accessories, and have to return a few now after the refresh!

Was going to order without a test drive, but succumbed to that a few months back, that cemented getting the performance haha. It was awesome!

That will be the best xmas present!

I didnt succumb to test drive temptation
I had driven S and the X a few times so I sort of new what to expect. I wanted my 1st M3 drive to be in my car....I wasn't disappointed

If 2020 deliveries are anything like 2019
You wont hear anything from Tesla until close to delivery. There is a Au guy that tracks the number of cars on ships being delivered to NZ and Au.

It's good having the HPWC, faster charging, convenient, piece of mind. I was always worried about leaving the MWC behind in the garage someday that I needed it. Inevitable that was going to happen

I had driven S and the X a few times so I sort of new what to expect. I wanted my 1st M3 drive to be in my car....I wasn't disappointed

You wont hear anything from Tesla until close to delivery. There is a Au guy that tracks the number of cars on ships being delivered to NZ and Au.

It's good having the HPWC, faster charging, convenient, piece of mind. I was always worried about leaving the MWC behind in the garage someday that I needed it. Inevitable that was going to happen

I had my MWC plugged in at my old house and never removed it as it was my primary home charging solution, but now I have a garage and have installed the HPWC, and I agree it is much more convenient. However, I never got the argument that someone might get caught out one day without the MWC. Surely, if your battery drained to zero, you wouldn't ask to be towed to somewhere to a place that has a wall socket, then plug in the MWC and wait 2+ hours to get a bit of range. You would get towed to a rapid charger, destination charger, or Supercharger and wait 30 minutes to get enough to get you back up and going again.

HPWC ordered last night :) the Tesla Shop is working properly now! Really hoping to have it in time for xmas!

weird... how do you guys get to the NZ Tesla shop? When I goto my account it isn't there. I select manage my car and hit back and a shop link appears for a few seconds. But clicking on that takes me to the US store
It doesn't seem to be available in our Tesla Accounts in the backend yet, but on the main NZ landing page for tesla.com there should be a shop option in the top right corner now next to the Tesla Account link. Once you get to the shop you have to sign in again using your account.

I had my MWC plugged in at my old house and never removed it as it was my primary home charging solution, but now I have a garage and have installed the HPWC, and I agree it is much more convenient. However, I never got the argument that someone might get caught out one day without the MWC. Surely, if your battery drained to zero, you wouldn't ask to be towed to somewhere to a place that has a wall socket, then plug in the MWC and wait 2+ hours to get a bit of range. You would get towed to a rapid charger, destination charger, or Supercharger and wait 30 minutes to get enough to get you back up and going again.

To me it was more about the sudden unplanned trip and the possibly of setting off without the MWC
Lowish charge having to leave to get to xxx for whatever reason, arriving....dam it no MWC
Then having to think of plan b. Rather than just plugging in the MWC leaving it to charge overnight and getting on with the reason you had go to xxx in first place. Admittedly that didn't happen, but once I had the HPWC installed it wasn't going to happen, with the MWC permanently stowed in the boot.

I did have a close call, I had deliberately run the battery down to around 20% as an experiment. I was planing to charge the car at home on Saturday night . Unexpectedly got called into work on Saturday morning, got to work I didn't want to let the charge fall much lower than 20%. The MWC was in the boot, plugged it in at work. Got on with what I needed to do. Didn't have worry about the car, no worrying about the state of charge level by the time I left work and found a charger that wasn't hogged by a Leaf. No worrying about the charge level by the time I got to a supercharger.