Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check your DIP switch to the left of the rotary switch. For line to line 240VAC, the 1st DIP switch must be set in the down position. I made a videos of my install. Maybe this will help.

I think your video just saved me...I am an idiot and was not connecting the front panel with the ribbon cable...I kept looking at that ribbon and had convinced myself it must be for some kind of diagnosis device or something...while I was watching your video I noticed that there was actually a circuit board on what I thought was just a blank cover...the red light that kept blinking at me was on an internal circuit board...once I actually plugged in the ribbon cable to the cover I immediately got a green light and it started its self check....thank you everyone...I swear the instructions never actually mention plugging in the ribbon cable it just says something like return ribbon cable to the previous position, well the ribbon cable had never been plugged in so I just was keeping it taped up out of the way....lesson learned.....thanks again

Hey, I couldn't find the damn ground connection lug at first. I was also worried that there was some inastallation problem when in test mode it keep flashing red. The manual says red will flash 3 times. I thought it would stop after that and don't flash anymore. Panicking. I moved the switch to 9 and green light came on without any problems. Now I need to show my work to the inspector.

Hey, I couldn't find the damn ground connection lug at first. I was also worried that there was some inastallation problem when in test mode it keep flashing red. The manual says red will flash 3 times. I thought it would stop after that and don't flash anymore. Panicking. I moved the switch to 9 and green light came on without any problems. Now I need to show my work to the inspector.

What was the rotary switch originally set to?