Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC Protection from Vandalism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking about having an HPWC installed at my office condo. The area is fine, but it has been subject to vandalism from time to time. For example, copper has been stolen from parking lot lights and the occasional kid spray painting their name on a wall.

Since the expense of the charger and install will be all mine, I am wondering if anyone out there has come up with a good solution to protect the charger and charging cord from vandalism.

The electrical room is with in feet of my parking stall. I have the ability to actually mount the HPWC inside the room and run the cord through the wall and into a secured box. (not even sure if that would be up to code) OR Mount the charger and cord in a secured box on the exterior of the electrical room with a reel (like you see at the self serve air at gas stations).

I don't want to re create the wheel if someone has come up with a good solution. I'm all ears, so let me hear your suggestions.

Thanks All.

there is little that you can do to prevent the vandalism that you described. units even in locked boxes are still vulnerable to theft or vandalism.
the only sure thing that you could do is instead of installing an HPWC you install a 14-50 outlet and use the mobile charger, plug it in while charging remove and secure it when not charging.