Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC randomly does NOT open charge door via button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems random, but with phone and awake vehicle, I'm noticing pressing the HPWC button 1" away from the port is not always working. I manually lightly press the door as a workaround. Happens 10% or less of the time. Wondering if it's firmware or hardware... Anyone else seeing this?

Yeah thats my experience as well, pretty much spot on. For me, its been that way since the car was delivered, actually, which was december of 2018. like 1-10 times the charge port door doesnt open when the button is pushed on the HPWC, and this is when the car is awake, etc.

Note, though, that I dont normally "hold" the button, because "pushing" the button seems to work 9 out of 10 times. I have read here some people say to hold the button, not push it, but since it works most of the time for me I just chalk it up to regular interoperability glitches.

Reactions: Gasaraki
For me it only happens when it’s asleep. 110% of the time if I get it out of sleep, it works.
You’ve said you checked that so I’d open the door completely then try again. If it opens then with a button push, for some reason you car is not coming out of sleep with the 1/4 rear door handle trick. If it does not, I’d get mobile service to come check it out.