Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC trick over?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those who configured and have not gotten the VIN assigned -- have you tried the HPWC trick lately? If not, would you mind trying it now?

I resolved to stop refreshing my shopping cart with HPWC in it, which was showing my RN and "This is a gift for another VIN" in the dropdown. I figured a watched RN never boils.

But today I resolved to break my resolution and went to check up on it. What I found is "This is a gift for another VIN" as the only option.

Now I am thinking one of three things must have happened.

A. They have heard about and took away the HPWC trick because their shopping site was experiencing a DDOS-like load from the compulsive refreshers.
B. They cancelled my reservation because someone reported as hate speech my posts where I was dissing white and silver paint colors.
C. My build has progressed to the stage where a highly trained team of ISAs is working on crafting the official VIN notification email, but it is too secret to show in the shopping cart.

What do you think and, more importantly, what do you see?

• Funny
Reactions: DR61
Mine says ... or VIN not yet assigned. See image

Attachments

• 9A9BFE85-2532-4385-A36D-1D7E04466956.jpeg
    9A9BFE85-2532-4385-A36D-1D7E04466956.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 115
Ditto here. Earlier today it showed my reservation number, now it just shows "This is a gift or VIN not yet assigned".

Bummer. I was hoping this state change meant that perhaps I now have a VIN but they just won't show it to me.

I am in the 4/18 group and have now been waiting 48 days. I got the "July" delay email so I may still be a month out. That sucks!!!

If only Tesla could focus on making cars faster, and communicating what is going on, it would help more... Rather than spending cycles in filling holes that paying customers are using... for getting information that gives them a warm and fuzzy feeling a tad bit sooner...

I now have my TM3, and when I try the VIN trick, I see my VIN. My guess is that those without a VIN simply don't see the reservation number. So, if you have a VIN, you'll see a VIN. If you don't, you'll see the message about it being a gift.

Once you have your car, the VIN will still show. The VIN trick that they changed is after the VIN is "assigned" yet before your car is delivered.

I now have my TM3, and when I try the VIN trick, I see my VIN. My guess is that those without a VIN simply don't see the reservation number. So, if you have a VIN, you'll see a VIN. If you don't, you'll see the message about it being a gift.
As I understood, the value of the HPWC trick was this. Even before VIN was visible on the main page, and before the VIN email went out, VIN would show up in the shopping cart. Maybe hours, maybe days earlier that the official news. And as we all know, that counts.