Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC / UMC2 to Roadster adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every single Tesla service center and store should get one of these, so that they can accommodate Roadsters. (HPCs have gone missing at most.)
Agree completely. This would almost eliminate the need for everyone to have his or her own adapter. The fact that they removed almost all the HPCs is quite annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume as you make your way through the list you will let us know when you are ready for payment? I'm ready to pay now. :)

I'm trying to give 3 or 4 days notice. Thanks to everyone for patience.

Good question regarding what happened to the HPCs that Tesla had installed at diff stores. They do have a bank over at the Fremont Service Center, but not enough that would answer that question in full. I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

I bought one used and installed it in the garage, along with the NEMA 14-50 I've had since I purchased the Roadster. And I have my eye on a second Clipper Creek HPC which will provide both a third charging option for guests and also be repurposed for my X (with the Roadster-Model S adapter) when that day comes. I like the robustness of the Clipper Creek EVSE. I opened mine up when talking to the CC guys to answer some questions -- and it is really well made. Nothing crowded (obviously), tons of space inside, welds exceed standards, everything is top-notch. It really is a high-quality product in terms of manufacture.

Good question regarding what happened to the HPCs that Tesla had installed at diff stores. They do have a bank over at the Fremont Service Center, but not enough that would answer that question in full. I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

I bought one used and installed it in the garage, along with the NEMA 14-50 I've had since I purchased the Roadster. And I have my eye on a second Clipper Creek HPC which will provide both a third charging option for guests and also be repurposed for my X (with the Roadster-Model S adapter) when that day comes. I like the robustness of the Clipper Creek EVSE. I opened mine up when talking to the CC guys to answer some questions -- and it is really well made. Nothing crowded (obviously), tons of space inside, welds exceed standards, everything is top-notch. It really is a high-quality product in terms of manufacture.

It would have been easy for Tesla to have sold these to CPO Roadster owners, however, that was not the case. When we picked up my wife's Roadster in September of last year, they were running out of MC or UMC as well. CC had a sale on the Roadster speced EVSEs with J1772 heads that they were liquidating at the time.

I opened mine up when talking to the CC guys to answer some questions -- and it is really well made. Nothing crowded (obviously), tons of space inside, welds exceed standards, everything is top-notch. It really is a high-quality product in terms of manufacture.

It's more than that. I had a look at the circuit board a while back and they've got excellent transient protection on every input to the card. Definitely best-practice stuff... they could give lessons on circuit protection. The thing is built like a tank.

Where have all the HPCs gone? Does Tesla have a stockpile? Have they dismantled them to create J1772 adapters? If anyone knows, I'd buy a used one.

For what it's worth, I was promised a UMC when I purchased my CPO Roadster last year but they ran out, instead they offered to send me an HPC and of course I took them up on the offer. I can only imagine they did a similar thing for others?

Oh, and I would love to be on your list as well.

Hi Henry,

I just tried sending you a PM and got the following message:

The following errors occurred with your submission

• hcsharp has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Just an FYI. Please send me a quick message once you clear some space. Thanks!

Henry,

I couldn't send you a PM because you're over your limit. I'll mail you a check tomorrow. PM me when you're able to receive messages and I'll send you my address, or you can read it from the check when it arrives.

Thanks!

--Bill

I did ask about where all the HPCs went & was told (as others here have said) that those HPCs will be mostly reinstalled at the stores/service centers that are replacing the ones shut down. I didn't get as clear of an answer regarding HPCs that disappeared from places like Santana Row. But it sounds like Tesla is keeping them, just redistributing.

Sorry. I really wish TMC would give you some kind of warning before you can't receive messages anymore. And then you don't even find out until you read it in a public forum! I have to admit overall it's a pretty nice forum.

FYI: You can click on the person's profile name in the left corner then select "@ send email" to send the email directly to the user's personal email address (like yahoo/gmail) which bypasses the TMC mail and quota system.