Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC Warrantee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the HPWC Warrantee period.
The green charging light stopped working about a month ago but I did not take much notice as it was still charging the car
But yesterday it stopped charging the car @ 195 miles.
A "no power from charger" warning from the car , I checked the breaker and all seems OK :confused:

What is the HPWC Warrantee period.
The green charging light stopped working about a month ago but I did not take much notice as it was still charging the car
But yesterday it stopped charging the car @ 195 miles.
A "no power from charger" warning from the car , I checked the breaker and all seems OK :confused:

Unless it changed recently, it was the same base warranty as the car if bought with the car, otherwise its 1 year.

You can check the manual for diagnostic and tests.

Could not get the charger to power up after trying reset so a ranger came out and found the fuses inside the charger had blown.

He replaced said fuses with new updated ones (he said mine were the old kind and charging at 80amps blew them) but he could not get the charging indicator light to work so left me a brand new charger.
Once again WTG Tesla.

As I finish writing this thread I got the invoice......

Inspect and diagnose charger @ Service Center hourly rate: USD 150.00 > $0

1 HIGH POWER CONNECTOR FUSE L1 ASSEMBLY - 200AMP (1011914-00-B) > $0

1 HIGH POWER CONNECTOR FUSE L2 ASSEMBLY - 200AMP (1011912-00-B) > $0

Replace Charger > $0

Performed ranger service visit to customers home. > $0

And to top it off > MISC Items: Replace Wall Connector and Reimburse Installation Cost

Last edited:
Update
The new HPWC will only charge @ a maximum of 40amps I can set the car to 80 but as soon as I plug in it drops to 40 amps.

The HPWC it replaced did fine at 80amps till the internal fuses blew, any thoughts why I can only get 40 amps out of this one?
(It is wired through a 100amp breaker)

Update
The new HPWC will only charge @ a maximum of 40amps I can set the car to 80 but as soon as I plug in it drops to 40 amps.

The HPWC it replaced did fine at 80amps till the internal fuses blew, any thoughts why I can only get 40 amps out of this one?
(It is wired through a 100amp breaker)

Have you set the DIP switches in the new HPWC to 80 Amps?

HPWC's ship with the DIP switches set to 40 Amps, and must be changed at install to 80 Amps, if you have a 100 Amp Circuit Breaker and Wiring that can support that.