Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was installed on Friday. I have version 4.3 which is currently giving me a warning not to charge using more than 60amps. What happens if I override this? If the fuse in the HPWC trips, does it need to be reset?

Just installed mine but no message on the screen about 60 amps. The car did select 60 though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 895
New to the HPWC thing. Few questions after the first couple pages:

1) What's the difference between a new/old fuse?
2) Why would the HPWC be warning you about charging at 60/80A? I though it was rated for 80A?
3) Why would it blow a $45 fuse? Are some HPWCs defective, or does this only occur if they are improperly installed?
4) Is there another thread where all this has already been explained?

I got mine last week, installed it right away, pass ESA inspection the next day. I'll be sending my Ontario charger rebate request in today.

The one part I messed up is not reading the fine print that says that they cost of wiring/conduit/breaker is only part of the rebate amount if you have a certified electrician do the work. I did the work myself. Although I think I did read that on these forums in the past, I guess I didn't get it. Now I get it! No biggie through as you can only get $1,000 back maximum and with the cost of the HPWC, taxes, inspection, I'm already in line to get $750-ish back.

It's very handy to have a dedicated charger in the garage with a clean, neat and long cable. I think over time it will pay for itself in simplifying my life.