Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HRE FF01 wheels discontinued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's talk about the front. It sticks out this much, which I think either going 9x20 or 9.5x20 with bigger offset will be better. This is running 255/30-20 and very easy to get curb rash.

20200424_111149.jpg

Next will be the rear, agree it will need a spacer if it is stock height. I have MPP camber kit which push the tire closer to the fender, so lowering and alignment will correct it.

law2.jpg

Interesting difference in pics above...I have same wheel sizes as TypeRx and similar looking fitment of front but at stock height and running on 265/30 and 285/30 front & rear respectively (as opposed to HREs recs of 255 and 275s)...sorry, not as nice pics of mine currently

Would agree still slightly off rear to front look and HRE fitment should have been somewhat better. I have been pontificating to go up in tire width on rear as opposed to spacer, and still planning to lower with MPP sports, but COVID put hold on that for now.

Curious if Asian_xl's wheel sizes are the same (did not think HRE offered different widths then above, but its been awhile since getting)?
Is it the camber kit that is bringing the front wheels out further??

IMG_5614.jpg

Just realized the difference seen above ... with the nonperformance hubs, I believe the wheel sets with a slightly decreased offset (further away from hub) compared with the performance hubs by a few mm.
Getting old...brain not working as quickly as when a young, whipper snapper back in the day. :)

This. Unless aggressive spacers which I doubt. If there was an issue, it would effect all of their flow form wheels since they have common sizing across them. Not likely with HRE.

As I recall, three factors at play for FF01s on model 3-
1. HRE offsets were aggressively set for preferred lowered stance
2. But need to know that all FF01s are not the same for M3s. HRE created different wheels for the M3P hub lip vs non-perf flat hub, so no need for special spacer. They had the same general offset as 9.5"+35 front and 10.5"+45 rear for both. . First ones that came out were for non-perf...HRE had promo pics in a silver M3 on their website. Remember waiting for the M3P version to get into design production before they reached out to me again to purchase.
3. M3P hub vs non-perf hub slightly different position for offset to begin with...Therefore, perf will have slightly (few mm) increased offset wheel position (inward direction) compared to non-perf M3s as a baseline.

(edit: below pic w- 275/30 F and 295/30 R)

IMG_6732sm.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: asian_xl