Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hub Centric Rings Suck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plastic ones have been fine for me for non-track cars for years and years. The problem I had on the Tesla was corrosion, not heat. But, on a track car, I wouldn't run plastic. But my track car is also dedicated, caged, R-Compounds, etc.

FWIW, you can have custom adapters and/or spacers made at this place. Contact Us | US Wheel Adapters I'm looking at having to use this for my GTO as it has some really odd stuff with going the pro touring route.

Thanks for the responses. I did end up going with aluminium rings for my track wheels and they have been fine, although I've found the wheels to be a little harder to take off until the cool down a bit. I might try the grease next time out.

Did anyone find a source for a good quality hub centric ring for the M3P? There's nobody in the UK who has anything that works well. I've asked US Wheel Adapters if they'll make a batch but if there are any others out there please let me know.

Do the Martian wheels have the lip shaved off for the performance 3? Also what is the maximum tire size you can do on a stock performance without rubbing. I want to get the 18x9.5, but I don't want to put 265 on it as the tires are too narrow. I don't think 275 or 285 are good fit for these cars without rubbing

Do the Martian wheels have the lip shaved off for the performance 3? Also what is the maximum tire size you can do on a stock performance without rubbing. I want to get the 18x9.5, but I don't want to put 265 on it as the tires are too narrow. I don't think 275 or 285 are good fit for these cars without rubbing

I run 265-35-18 on my 18x9.5 +34 wheels. I dont think I can fit a 275 tire without rubbing. I'm hopefully going too after suspension mods. If your offset is different then maybe.

The tires will bend inward instead of flat, the rims would sit metal on metal on each other if you try to stack them. It also looks pathetic too, never mount 265 on a 9.5 rim. I have a set of those. If there is an earthquake, those rims are going to slide right over my tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: dfwatt
Never heard of this... isn't 265 on a 9.5 ideal? At least, in the sizes commonly used here & what I'm thinking of getting. It's the measuring rim width used on Tire Rack:

upload_2020-4-6_13-55-17.png

The tires will bend inward instead of flat, the rims would sit metal on metal on each other if you try to stack them. It also looks pathetic too, never mount 265 on a 9.5 rim. I have a set of those. If there is an earthquake, those rims are going to slide right over my tesla.

That's simply counterfactual and you appear to be spreading misinformation, perhaps not intentionally but again I don't think you've done your homework. Look at the section width of any popular 265 / 35 Tire on the Tire Rack website spec sheet for virtually any tire. But let's just take the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for example. Section width is 10.7 and this means that the sidewall will actually extend past the lip of a 9.5 inch wheel. I know this to be a fact because I actually have that tire mounted on a 9.5 inch wheel.

That's simply counterfactual and you appear to be spreading misinformation, perhaps not intentionally but again I don't think you've done your homework. Look at the section width of any popular 265 / 35 Tire on the Tire Rack website spec sheet for virtually any tire. But let's just take the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for example. Section width is 10.7 and this means that the sidewall will actually extend past the lip of a 9.5 inch wheel. I know this to be a fact because I actually have that tire mounted on a 9.5 inch wheel.

Let me look at my rims again, they might be the 10.5 not the 9.5. I know two are sliding around for sure