TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Hubris"...how true

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MiddKid, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I was quite stunned to see them admit it. Shocked, really. I think it was a mistake to do so because it shows a lack of confidence. Using the word hubris sounds like that to me. Did Carnegie, Rockefeller, Sloan, Ford, McCormick, Edison, Bell ever say that? No. They changed the world. In order to have an impact as great as Elon wants to have on our planet, he shouldn't waste his time apologizing for Tesla's vision. He should fight for it. He MUST FIGHT for it if he is to have the impact he says he wants to have.

I think that reaching for the stars is awesome and commendable. A more established company simply would not have the guts to do it. Too much group-think. I think we need to give the MX some time. My hope is that they will sort out the glitches and then we will see, in the end, that the MX is groundbreaking in more ways than simply being flashy. I applaud the guts. People discounted Steve Jobs repeatedly over two decades. Look what he achieved. His vision changed the lives of billions of people. They will soon sell their billionth iPhone. Just think about that scale. Unfathomable to me.

I truly believe that the US needs more courage, bravado and, I guess, hubris. We have become a fat, lazy country that only does enough to be safe. Just look at what has happened to our auto industry. We were the cutting edge leaders. Now we are followers.

Elon and Tesla are not followers.

Bravo.

Aside from believing in the mission and loving my car to death, I am so proud that this US conceived, designed and produced car is actually turning the auto world upside down. And all of that out a factory that produced just about the most boring and uncreative cars around: Corollas and Vibes. If that is hubris, I like it.

• Like x 2
  2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

When will my Model 3 be delivered?

Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. Once production begins, we will begin deliveries in North America starting on the West Coast, moving east. As we continue to ramp production, we will begin deliveries in Europe, APAC and right-hand drive markets. As we get closer to production, we will have more details to share with you.

How many Model 3 reservations can I make?

Two per person.

Can anyone, from any country reserve a Model 3?

Yes, anyone from countries listed on the drop down list on our website can reserve a Model 3.

When can I test drive Model 3?

We will provide the opportunity to get behind the wheel of Model 3 once we begin production at the end of 2017. In the meantime, we invite you to stop by a Tesla store to experience Model S or Model X.

What more can you tell me about Model 3?

It’s going to be awesome. We’ll continue to share more about Model 3 with you over the coming months as we get closer to production. Stay tuned!

Will Model 3 take advantage of Electric Vehicle Purchase incentives like Model S and X does today?

We are committed to providing you with the most current information about incentives at the time of purchase, we'll do the same when it's time for confirming your Model 3 order.

I reserved a Model 3 but haven’t received a confirmation email. When can I expect this to arrive?

We have received an extraordinary number of reservations for Model 3. We aim to send your confirmation email out within 24-48 hours of reserving. If it’s been more than 48 hours, please check your spam and junk folders for an email from Tesla communications. And if you still don’t see it, please email us at here.