Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HUD or no HUD? Gimmick or really useful feature? Worth giving up free supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can see where imaginative use of HUD would be great, even though as implemented currently by others, it is of modest usefulness. For instance, if it were possible to get rid of mirrors, that would be pretty cool and save on energy to boot. With AP hardware 2.0, the cameras to do this probably are already in place.

'Ive never been in a car with a HUD that was worth a crap. They are all blurry or useless...

The only HUD I really want to see in a Tesla is one that is a full AR system that will provide useful information overlayed onto the view. I don't think this is coming any time soon, sadly.

FWIW: BMW's solution for my previous X5 was terriffic & was of great use when using NAV in congested driving conditions......but then again their main screen was tiny compared to my X.

Free Supercharging! Duh. I got it because I drive about 23000 miles a year (about 15,000 of them are highway miles) on average on my current ICE car. Once I get my Model S delivered, I know I will be driving more than 23,000 miles a year for sure. Based on this, I will probably save over $1000 or more every year in "fuel" costs.