Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hud?

At Launch, will a HUD be:

• Standard

Votes: 109 58.6%
  • Optional, in a package

Votes: 41 22.0%
  • No HUD available at launch

Votes: 36 19.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a thought about the design of the Model 3 and how it relates to a HUD. It has been said how the hood is quite low giving the driver good visibility of the road immediately in front of the car... ...or space to include a (don't know the correct term) clear projection screen inside the windscreen upon which to project HUD information. This keeps the initial cost as well as the replacement cost of the windshield lower. If a Mazda 3 can include one of these at its price point, it doesn't seem out of reach for the Model 3 to include it...and Elon-ize it (i.e. make it more awesome than other systems). It could be a much bigger screen than the industry has seen before.

The term Augmented Vision found in Tesla Model S/X software, current Model S/X referred to as legacy:

capture-jpg.226830

AP2.0 Cameras: Capabilities and Limitations?

I don't think they're related to a HUD, we should let this thread die. haha

The question isn't necessarily about a HUD. It is about Augmented Reality (AR) hires by Tesla and now AR suggesting mentions in Tesla software.

It could be augmented vision on the big screen. Of course it could also be such a view is only available in debug mode for example.

The question isn't necessarily about a HUD.

It could be augmented vision on the big screen. Of course it could also be such a view is only available in debug mode for example.
"Tesla vision" refers to Tesla's computer vision solution to self driving. So I agree, if there's a visual output it's probably only used for debugging at this time similar to what was seen in the self driving demo video.