TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hudson Valley New Owner of (Old) Roadster

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hrtchkr, Dec 30, 2013.

1. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

Hello from the lower Hudson Valley. I recently bought a used roadster (#772) and have been following the forum (when not out driving my car). I've gotta say the amount of useful information I have gotten from reading the different threads is staggering. This is particularly helpful as the Owner's Manual seems to have been written by a minimalist. I guess that's because the car is really pretty simple to use and maintain. Anyway, keep up the high level of discussion. (I hope to contribute once I have more experience with the car.)

2. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Congrats on your new roadster, any pics?

3. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

I apologize for the quality of the photos -- I really haven't taken any "glamour" shots of it yet.

IMG_0290.jpg

It's a Twilight Blue 2.0 Sport currently sporting the Sport rims and performance tires. I got a set of standard wheels/tires along with the deal and I'm thinking I should switch them out for the winter as well maybe softening up the suspension a little.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I could only upload the one image, but suffice it to say it looks good from all angles!

4. Odenator

Odenator P2607

GW Bridge! Love Upper Manhattan, no tourists :rolleyes:.

5. 772

772 Member

Lovely car (and the number is not half bad either :wink:)! You'll find a ton of info here on TMC

6. ibcs

ibcs Member

Beautiful car and welcome to the new used roadster club. Since getting mine on the 9/27 I've been able to learn so much great information from the forum. I would suggest the OVMS as one of your first projects. Provides smart phone monitoring of the roadster just like the Model S.

Enjoy,
    ---Kent

7. Joel

Joel Active Member

Beautiful car. Drive it in good health.

Do you have any plans on buying the Roadster 2.0 when it becomes available?

8. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

I guess that depends on how big the surprise is that Elon has hinted about. If it's an affordable battery/PEM upgrade (with maybe Supercharger capability?) I'm inclined to stay with what I've got mostly because of the relative uniqueness. On the other hand, if the roadster 2.0 (or is it 3.0 since there are already 2.5s out there) has major advances in performance or styling I might just make the jump. I'm not likely to do it just for creature comforts like a better sound system or more cockpit amenities. Has anybody heard anything about what the new Roadster will be like?

9. 772

772 Member

I doubt they will release a de novo roadster until after Gen III, maybe not even before they release their pickup truck EV (after Gen III?)

10. Vger

Vger Active Member

Congrats! That colour was our second choice, but we decided that yellow was more practical (visibility) for the foggy, rainy Pacific Northwest. :wink:

Your photo looks like Columbia Medical Center. Do you work there? I grew up until age 7 at 780 Riverside Drive with a similar view of the GW bridge. We later moved to Highland, NY in the mid-Hudson Valley. Good to know that a Roadster is being loved in my old stomping grounds.

Cheers!
    V

11. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

Yep, that's the top of the parking structure. I work in the cardiology department but I commute in from up-river in Nyack. At least now I can look forward to the commute.

12. Turtle

Turtle Member

Beautiful color, congrats!