Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

huge 2 mile spike in energy graph?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
I just picked my car up from detail shop and when i got in the energy graph showed a HUGE spike (over 600wh) that according to graph lasted for about 2 miles ??

I am attaching pics with hand written notes that say "4 miles" , which indicated 4 miles from picking it up , and then "home" for when I got home . I am attaching different pics of the energy graph and the corresponding pic of the app on the dash .

-Short story is its been at detail shop getting ceramic coated since Monday morning .
-According to Teslfi and mileage he did not drive the car.
-Over the course of the 4 days I monitored battery usage and when car was locked and un locked and there is nothing unusual .
-dropped car off with about 56% battery and picked it up with 50%

Any ideas? Do these graphs sometimes have glitches?
Car seems fine ...just a mystery ...I cant get no where near that high even when going WOT (its in the home graph right before I got home) .

Any insight would be really appreciated .This is slightly concerning to me.

Thanks
Neil

Screenshot_20200716-221400_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200716-221612_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200716-221808_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200716-221836_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200716-221847_Gallery.jpg

...Do these graphs sometimes have glitches?...

I've seen this same question many times and the cause has been as @ucmndd indicated above. That's perfectly normal.

When your HVAC is on while your wheels are not moving, that energy is also included in the average calculation for 5 miles, 15 miles, 30 miles. The car used a lot of energy for 0 miles so when you start to drive the first mile, it averages out as very high until it goes back to the normal calculation for running miles and not standing still idling anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and byeLT4