Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge difference with chrome delete!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I pulled the trigger & got the chrome delete done in few days after delivery! Honestly couldn’t do the chrome. The P100D in my opinion should come blacked out! It just give it that final touch of detail! It was all done in few hours in my garage. I added few carbon wrapped pieces too to the front grill,side cameras & rear trunk lid. Also waiting on some real carbon mirror caps!

Attachments

• 652ADBFE-2E92-4D8B-BD4B-FFB9411EA309.jpeg
    652ADBFE-2E92-4D8B-BD4B-FFB9411EA309.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 359
  • 7C15D585-7AE1-4398-B9A9-14BA58C409EE.jpeg
    7C15D585-7AE1-4398-B9A9-14BA58C409EE.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 337
  • AE5BCD70-455C-416C-A82E-D39CA5737F80.jpeg
    AE5BCD70-455C-416C-A82E-D39CA5737F80.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 344
Thanks! Rpmtesla.com did the work! They sent out a mobil service to perform the job here in Orange County CA. Regarding the price it’s all online plus they offer a 20%OFF. Mark helped me out! They customer service is top notch!

Can you do a write up on the mirror caps? And some close up photos of the fit and finish? I have the complete Novitec CF kit on my P100DLX and want to do the mirror caps too. I have two concerns:

1. Fit - given these tape over the existing covers my worry is how they will look on the mirror side...its the side as a driver we are faced with staring at while we are in the seat...my OCD side says that the look of that double edge might send me into overdrive.
2. I was told there are sensors inside the mirror housing in AP2 that will effect the operation if the mirror covers are used. Actually if there is a different housing altogether. I was told that from a very reliable source after asking if they would source or make a set - @unpluggedperformance told me that!

Looks Nice!

Are your windows tinted? I'm getting a Blue 100D w/ the Black Turbines and have been considering doing a chrome delete.
Now that the dash is going to be de-chromed as well, it makes it an even more interesting choice.

Nick

So I pulled the trigger & got the chrome delete done in few days after delivery! Honestly couldn’t do the chrome. The P100D in my opinion should come blacked out! It just give it that final touch of detail! It was all done in few hours in my garage. I added few carbon wrapped pieces too to the front grill,side cameras & rear trunk lid. Also waiting on some real carbon mirror caps!
I usually don't like the chrome delete, but I think it looks very sharp with the red car.