Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge update, V11...thoughts? and any hidden features found yet??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I know it was just released, and it contains a ton of features, but I was wondering if anyone has found any hidden features yet. I'm sure they've added in a few undocumented features as Easter eggs. I'm currently searching for one.

So far I'm loving it. The addition of showing the respective side camera while the left/right blinker is on is very welcomed.

I *sort of* found an Easter egg...in the new subwoofer controls, the onscreen txt shows "BOOOOOOM" when it's maxed out. 😂 I love my bass, so I had to max it out.

Other than that, little things like "D" FINALLY changing to bold while you're in drive... before it wasn't highlighted at all...little things like that tickle my OCD. The automatic heated seats are a really cool feature, too.

The "quick controls" mini pop up menu looked like a good idea during the little demo, but I guess it's not really a feature? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Overall I'm pretty pleased.

Buys new Tesal M3 LR, has it for 2 weeks FINALLY get's used to all the controls. Upgrades software last night without thinking about it (or realizing the version of the software) wakes up... has no clue how to use the car again LOL. LOVE the ability to change the dock at the bottom, blind spot feature LOOKS awesome but will need to test it. I would like it to "Ding" if blinker is on AND theres a person in the blind spot but havnt had time to try it out.

Also I would love a "Bird eye view" with digital lines around the car when parking. It would be nice to have almost like you get when it auto parks but that same visualization when manually parking. But that might be just because I'm still getting used to the car box radius.

So far, really liking these upgrades. Top 3.

Customized Dock, Auto heated seats, and blind spot camera auto activating.

Also I would love a "Bird eye view" with digital lines around the car when parking. It would be nice to have almost like you get when it auto parks but that same visualization when manually parking. But that might be just because I'm still getting used to the car box radius.
I would like that BEV as well.

On edit... I see there's also an update to the Tesla App to 4.4.2.

Last edited:
Hidden features? Yes, the ones that used to be on the main screen (driver profiles, Sentry, etc.). 🙂 Just need some time to figure out where everything is now.

One thing I don’t like: if you use the Bluetooth icon to check your Bluetooth settings, it also changes the audio source to Bluetooth, which it didn’t do before. Is there another way to check those settings without changing sources?

One thing that could be improved: the blind spot monitoring camera view could be suppressed when you’re stopped at a light or when there’s no adjacent lane, which the car knows. For example, if I’m in the rightmost lane and signaling for an upcoming right turn, I don’t need to see the camera, it’s just a distraction.

So I know it was just released, and it contains a ton of features, but I was wondering if anyone has found any hidden features yet. I'm sure they've added in a few undocumented features as Easter eggs. I'm currently searching for one.

So far I'm loving it. The addition of showing the respective side camera while the left/right blinker is on is very welcomed.

I *sort of* found an Easter egg...in the new subwoofer controls, the onscreen txt shows "BOOOOOOM" when it's maxed out. 😂 I love my bass, so I had to max it out.

Other than that, little things like "D" FINALLY changing to bold while you're in drive... before it wasn't highlighted at all...little things like that tickle my OCD. The automatic heated seats are a really cool feature, too.

The "quick controls" mini pop up menu looked like a good idea during the little demo, but I guess it's not really a feature? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Overall I'm pretty pleased.
Any idea where the sentry mode indicator is on the screen?

Any idea where the sentry mode indicator is on the screen?
Hit the little control (car in lower left of display) and it should be on the right side of the screen half way down.

sentry.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: patricktr and K5TRX
One thing that could be improved: the blind spot monitoring camera view could be suppressed when you’re stopped at a light or when there’s no adjacent lane, which the car knows. For example, if I’m in the rightmost lane and signaling for an upcoming right turn, I don’t need to see the camera, it’s just a distraction.

Bikes, pedestrians, … ? In Europe they have the right of way