Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HULU ERROR p-dev302

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I give up already on this issue. I have tried logging out and back in, logging in via wifi at home instead of the LTE, resetting the car etc... nothing seems to work. It isn't worth the frustration at this point it is so rare that I am sitting in the car long enough to watch something that I'm not sure it even matters.

Reactions: glink182
Upvote 0
I posted this in another thread:

I have a feeling that this is 100% a hulu error. For many of us suffering this bug, the hulu live guide is also early by 1 to 3 hours. My theory is that the hulu app is not an app at all rather a website run by the Tesla web browser. Here are some thoughts. The time zone error has something to do with the Tesla web browser only clearing its cache when one does a factory reset of the car, which of course destroys all the car's user settings. Powering off the car doesn't help nor does the two button/brake method, neither of which are equivalent to a factory reset. In some US cars, the Fremont CA time zone value is etched into the Tesla web browser cache used for hulu. Other cars don't seem to have this problem. hulu should reading the time zone value from the car directly and update it with each hulu session.

Also of note is that the Tesla Disney+ "app" works fine and ESPN+ from the Tesla web browser also works fine, although in contrast the ESPN hub from Hulu does not. ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu are all Disney products.

Reactions: Pseudofinn
Upvote 0
I posted in another thread that Hulu is still broken for me on 2021.44.25.6. A factory reset of the car might fix it, but then all your car's settings will be wiped out. I'm not that interested in fixing Hulu.
I give up already on this issue. I have tried logging out and back in, logging in via wifi at home instead of the LTE, resetting the car etc... nothing seems to work. It isn't worth the frustration at this point it is so rare that I am sitting in the car long enough to watch something that I'm not sure it even matters.
Agreed. I’m actualy annoyed that Tesla is able to charge a fee to Hulu for licensing rights to install their product inside my vehicle, and I can’t even use it, nor can I delete it. I guess it’s true… you never own a Tesla, even when it’s completely paid for. You’re still “renting” the rights to drive it.

Upvote 0
I'm on 2021.44.30.21 and its broken for me :(
For some crazy reason .21 fixed it for me. I don't know what else could have changed. The only other thing that I did (and that was a couple firmware versions ago) was to install CANServer. This involved turning car off, adding an adapter to allow an OBD2 port. Then I connected the CANServer module to the OBD2 plug and the chassis bus connector located under the passenger seat.

But after I did all that, hulu didn't work. It just began working when 2021.44.30.21 was installed. The mystery continues.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know for sure if this is a Hulu or Tesla problem? I'm not even sure who I should be frustrated with :)
The time zone being wrong in the hulu live guide is a flaw in the Tesla full screen browser. But the DEV-P302 error is not specific to Tesla and here is how someone explained it:

Upvote 0