Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hulu Tesla Fix that actually worked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is absolutely ridiculous. Hulu stopped working on my 2021 M3P about 9 months ago. Nothing I tried worked. I just bought a 2022 M3P and it still doesn't work! It loads up fully unlike the 2021 which stops halfway giving me some kind of theater error but still gives me an error.

Tesla Hulu Fix

Hulu gives me the most problems in the Model 3. One day it works, and suddenly it will stop and you’re stuck with an error code that will not go away for months at a time. I finally fixed mine through a ton experimenting. I did these steps while connected to wifi, and I’m currently running FSD Beta 10.6

This is what worked for me for the hulu error codes P-DEV302 & P-DEV313

1. From the Hulu Tesla app, tap your user profile at the upper right corner of the screen (it should just be the first initial of your user name)

2. Tap “Account”

3. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen, and tap the link that says “Protect your account”

4. Tap “Log out of All Devices”

5. You’ll now be taken to the default Hulu welcome screen. DO NOT log back in. Exit the Hulu app

6. From your main Tesla menu, go to “Safety & Security” and tap “Power off”

7. Let the car sit for about 5 mins

8. Hit the brake pedal and let your car boot up

9. Open the Tesla Hulu app and it should prompt you with a QR code and an activation code.

10. From your smart phone, pull up Hulu dot com/activate, and enter the activation code

11. DO NOT attempt to play any content yet. We need to power down one last time. So follow steps 6 - 8.

12. After powering back on, open the Tesla Hulu app

13. This is very important. DO NOT tap on the same shows that previously gave you the same error code. Tap a different show or movie and it should work.

I know this all sounds very insane… and it is. But I tried everything imaginable and this is what worked for me.

QUESTION: why not just log out of Hulu in Tesla only as opposed to logging out of all devices all at once?

ANSWER: I already tried that and it doesn’t work. In fact it can give you more problems with those captcha security screens when attempting to log back in and temporarily block you. Do not bypass steps 3 & 4.

Please let know if this works for you.
Just tried this. It didn’t work for me. I guess no Hulu in the Tesla for me.

How is this still an issue. Very disappointing.
1. The issue doesn't affect all hulu users with a Tesla. As evidenced by responses in this thread, some people successfully use hulu in their Tesla. hulu even worked for me even after not working for six months. Then after a few weeks hulu stopped working again.
2. A minority of Tesla owners use hulu in their car.
3. A tiny minority of hulu users own a Tesla.
4. The hulu app on a wide range of platforms is buggy and hulu support is awful.
5. Although there are a number of fixes cited in this thread, none consistently solve the problem.

1. The issue doesn't affect all hulu users with a Tesla. As evidenced by responses in this thread, some people successfully use hulu in their Tesla. hulu even worked for me even after not working for six months. Then after a few weeks hulu stopped working again.
2. A minority of Tesla owners use hulu in their car.
3. A tiny minority of hulu users own a Tesla.
4. The hulu app on a wide range of platforms is buggy and hulu support is awful.
5. Although there are a number of fixes cited in this thread, none consistently solve the problem.
I have a Model 3 and Y. Hulu doesn't work in either. The other apps works fine. The fact that people experience so many issues with Hulu is already a terrible problem to have for a car that should be easily fixed by a software update. But if you feel the need to make excuses for the company go for it. I love Tesla as much as everyone else but I also can see when there are problems that shouldn't be happening.

I have a Model 3 and Y. Hulu doesn't work in either. The other apps works fine. The fact that people experience so many issues with Hulu is already a terrible problem to have for a car that should be easily fixed by a software update. But if you feel the need to make excuses for the company go for it. I love Tesla as much as everyone else but I also can see when there are problems that shouldn't be happening.
Maybe you should consider that all the other media apps work fine in Teslas and hulu is the only one that is broken. What's even more interesting is that Disney+ (which is a product from the Disney company just like hulu and ESPN) works in all Teslas. And ESPN works from the Tesla web browser, but the hulu app ESPN hub doesn't work.

People here have contacted hulu support because it is a hulu error and their support doesn't know its gluteus maximus from its cubitus.

Maybe you should consider that all the other media apps work fine in Teslas and hulu is the only one that is broken. What's even more interesting is that Disney+ (which is a product from the Disney company just like hulu and ESPN) works in all Teslas. And ESPN works from the Tesla web browser, but the hulu app ESPN hub doesn't work.

People here have contacted hulu support because it is a hulu error and their support doesn't know its gluteus maximus from its cubitus.
Why should I consider anything? lol Tesla has to be aware there is an issue with Hulu in their cars. Tesla and Hulu should find a fix for as to why this happens to so many people. It's not like I'm the only one with this issue.

Why should I consider anything? lol Tesla has to be aware there is an issue with Hulu in their cars. Tesla and Hulu should find a fix for as to why this happens to so many people. It's not like I'm the only one with this issue.
I posted elsewhere at TMC that this specific hulu error code happens on other platforms also. hulu support's advice for solving this error sounds like something MS would suggest to a Windows user. Reboot your device, try different firmware/drivers, etc..

This is absolutely ridiculous. Hulu stopped working on my 2021 M3P about 9 months ago. Nothing I tried worked. I just bought a 2022 M3P and it still doesn't work! It loads up fully unlike the 2021 which stops halfway giving me some kind of theater error but still gives me an error.
Hulu started working now. I don't recall a software update or anything. I did get a theater error for Netflix which I'd never gotten before but after a reboot it worked again.