Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hummer EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2FB96158-9661-45A2-986A-0A2870C1A1F5.jpeg
Well, someone has to post this here, lol.
Introducing the GMC HUMMER EV | Electric Truck

Looks pretty well thought out, and from a company that knows how to build trucks. Not as revolutionary as the Cybertruck, but who ever said it has to be? Pretty expensive, though. If it does everything they say it can, it will sell well and it will be real competition.

They just need to build it, lol.

Was hoping for more here. Removable roof is really nice. Love that feature. Interior looks a lot like Rivian which is a positive in my book. Range is pretty rough compared to tri motor CT. 500+ miles seems to be necessary given actual real life results are going to be less. Looking forward to extra range buffer to get out into nature on road trips and such. CT is also way ahead on pricing. Given how aggressive Tesla is here it’s going to be difficult for Hummer or Rivian to match on price.

Reactions: jboy210 and 5JMJ
Tesla needs to step up with the Cybertruck ... GM just threw their giant balls down on the table ... Hummer EV looks awesome and the specs are impressive ...

The moon patterns on the speaker covers and floor mats, US Flag trim pieces, and astronaut footprint on the false pedal are speaking to me ...

Huge Tesla fan but this truck gave me pause ... good thing the 1st edition is sold out already

As far as I can tell, the only things the Hummer offers that the Cybertruck doesn’t are Quadrasteer, T-tops and kitschy decor. 1.75 miles per kWh is pretty power hungry and the price tag is quite steep. I was also not impressed with the heavy reliance on CGI throughout the reveal. That says, it definitely has appeal to a broad base and looks quite capable.

Reactions: kayak1 and outdoors
As far as I can tell, the only things the Hummer offers that the Cybertruck doesn’t are Quadrasteer, T-tops and kitschy decor. 1.75 miles per kWh is pretty power hungry and the price tag is quite steep. I was also not impressed with the heavy reliance on CGI throughout the reveal. That says, it definitely has appeal to a broad base and looks quite capable.

Styling .. styling .. styling .. fit and finish expected .. experience with truck building .. branding ..

I vowed to never purchase a GM again after the government bail out .. but .. well .. just sayin' Elon needs to take notice ..

• Funny
Reactions: tkizzy
Styling .. styling .. styling .. fit and finish expected .. experience with truck building .. branding ..

I vowed to never purchase a GM again after the government bail out .. but .. well .. just sayin' Elon needs to take notice ..

I’m not sure all of these things are positives. The styling, while traditional, doesn’t blow my socks off. I think I actually prefer the Cybertruck’s design of form following function. Fit, finish and material quality are historically mediocre with GM; H2 and H3 were borderline poor when new and they definitely aren’t aging well. Experience with truck building? Sure - they’ve built a lot of trucks. Branding? They spend a lot of money on marketing with mixed results (see aforementioned bankruptcy).

The Hummer will have its niche but I expect Cybertruck to outsell it by at least an order of magnitude.

Reactions: tkizzy and outdoors
Perhaps .. we'll see what the production models look like and what the specs truly end up being .. never underestimate Elon ..

The tri-motor Cybertruck will be near or over $100K once optioned out .. yep, I said it .. :D

Bollinger needs to be a kit manufacturer, their vehicles are cool, but way out there in terms of niche crowd. Way overpriced.

Rivian at the table too ..

Going to be fun for electric trucks over the next 3-5 years that's for sure!

Agree with the folks wishing CT interior wasn’t as spartan. I’d like to see a little more Rivian/Range Rover flare but with Tesla that’s a compromise you have to make to get EV gold standard, charging infrastructure, FSD aspirations, etc.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if Tesla built out CT interior a bit to make it more than a massive slab dash, mini steering wheel likely to change, big screen, and chairs. From the reveal the interior seemed to be the least baked part of the truck.

Reactions: 5JMJ
I'm guessing they were trying to say "the following values are estimated, based on the tri-motor platform"
That would make more sense, but that's not how I interpret their language. To me it looks a lot more like they're saying it will have two to four motors, probably three.

Perhaps they're dead set on those performance stats, and they'll figure out how many motors it will take to achieve that later.

Or maybe they are planning to copy Tesla's build quality and warranty policy. "Oh, you only got two motors in yours, that is within spec. Three motors was just an estimate, some cars end up with two and that's fine."

The tri-motor Cybertruck will be near or over $100K once optioned out .. yep, I said it .. :D

I'm not sure what sort of options list you're looking at in order to get a $77,900 tri-motor Cybertruck ($69,900 + $8,000 for FSD) up to $100,000. It already has several standard features including adaptive air suspension. Maybe if you include the electric ATV as an option, which would be super cool.