Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hummer EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Hummer might be too expensive to charge at public chargers
I didn't know that it could cost so much to charge
That is the least surprising thing ever.

Also not surprising is that it took nearly two hours to go from 10-90%.

300kW charge rate (average 100kW) is terrible; it should be charging at 700kW! Hook up two stations in bridged mode, people!

For sure Cybertruck is going to start at over 500kW when software is stable. It has to. Plenty of reasons for it to be delayed; gonna have to be a much better travel experience than this Hummer (which seems like it won’t be useful at all on road trips due to this charge rate issue).

Cybertruck would be good for road trips with a 160kWh battery, 450Wh/mi-500Wh/mi (would end up around 60-67MPGe), 320-350mi range, and at least 500kW peak charging rate.

Gonna be expensive to drive though. Maybe I can use the free Supercharging on my Model 3, then tow the Cybertruck to charge it.

Last edited:
The Hummer might be too expensive to charge at public chargers
I didn't know that it could cost so much to charge
If we’re to completely empty then fill 34 gallons (I have an ancillary fuel tank) in my LX570 it Would get me ~350 miles full to empty. That would be ~$200 in gas. Compare that to an H2 hummer that gets 7-8mpg instead of my 11-12 mpg and it would be more like $300 to go ~350 miles.

Compare apples to apples and ~$100 is a bargain.

At home (paying rack rate so without including my solar) could charge the Hummer Empty to full for ~$45.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life