Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hummer EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't quote me, but I believe R1T it is shorter, narrower, and not as long as the Hummer EV or CT. Haven't spent too much time looking at Rivian other than for their R1S.
Quoted. 😁

• Hummer EV
    • 217″ L x 87″ W x 79″ H
  • Rivian R1T
    • 217″ L x 79″ W x 78″ H
  • F150 Lightning
    • 232″ L x 80″ W x 77″ H
So depending on what makes a truck 'midsize' vs 'fullsize' may be subjective, but I can say with confidence that the Lightning will not fit in my garage. Hummer may make things awkward.

I sat in the Hummer EV on display at the Amelia Concours d'Elegance, at Amelia Island, GA last weekend.

The Hummer EV felt much bigger than my previous H3s which fit into a one car garage. Size wise, the EV felt somewhere between the H3 and the H2.

Fit and finish were excellent. I loved the dash and layout. The removable T-Top roof panels were awesome.
All I can say is Wow! I want one!! 😎

Reactions: Zer0t
The thing about the HUMMER EV is that is so BIG and so HEAVY. 9,000 pounds and a 210kWh battery (usable). That’s A LOT of charging!

Edmunds Specs on Hummer EV:

WSJ is reporting GM is making about 12 hummers a day with a 77,000 prospective buyer waiting list.:oops:

No sales target from GM on Hummer, and a ramp coming. Saying once they vertically integrate cell production will deliver in the thousands. Will be interested to see if they reset they #'s on the vehicle if they ever go to their own talked about pouch style vs. the LG they are using now.

One can't really give Rivian a hard time with those production numbers.

• Informative
Reactions: CyberGus
The thing about the HUMMER EV is that is so BIG and so HEAVY. 9,000 pounds and a 210kWh battery (usable). That’s A LOT of charging!

Edmunds Specs on Hummer EV:
Yea the hummer ev is insanely heavy and inefficient.. it’s average watt usage with normal driving is higher per mile than my model X is while towing a 10k lb enclosed 24’ trailer… that’s just sad

Reactions: gavine
They just need to build it, lol.

WSJ is reporting GM is making about 12 hummers a day with a 77,000 prospective buyer waiting list.

They made it! Saw one on the road for the first time. Best part is he gunned it getting up to speed on Ted William Parkway - 56W “on-ramp”. I beat him to the merge still (he must not have been flooring it), but the squat on this thing as the whole vehicle rocked back under acceleration was ridiculous! Apparently the brakes suck, so I’m glad when I had to bleed off 30mph for the person dawdling onto the freeway at 50mph that he was not too close behind.

Impressively fast, and enormous. Crazy heavy but moves in an unreal fashion. Just looms over the Model 3. Certainly has the Cybertruck beat right now!

An epic brodozer, all 9000 pounds of it.

C8D6B209-3086-4268-8B08-D5AB8E71942D.jpeg

C09B87F6-65AF-4855-88AA-46CE1E2B01C9.jpeg

BE486B41-19FA-4C55-AA59-A20A42C15C14.jpeg

They made it! Saw one on the road for the first time. Best part is he gunned it getting up to speed on Ted William Parkway - 56W “on-ramp”. I beat him to the merge still (he must not have been flooring it), but the squat on this thing as the whole vehicle rocked back under acceleration was ridiculous! Apparently the brakes suck, so I’m glad when I had to bleed off 30mph for the person dawdling onto the freeway at 50mph that he was not too close behind.

Impressively fast, and enormous. Crazy heavy but moves in an unreal fashion. Just looms over the Model 3. Certainly has the Cybertruck beat right now!

An epic brodozer, all 9000 pounds of it.

View attachment 835280
View attachment 835281

View attachment 835282
DragTimes on YouTube just reviewed one. Defintely squats a lot during acceleration. He raced a Model Y performance and the Hummer edged it out by a little. Model 3P would be a closer race.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
A few of these burnt to a crisp during dev.
Yeah was going to add to my post before your reply, that GM may be trying to one-up their Bolt bonfires.

Would be appropriate for your handle. Maybe you should get one?

I feel like it is a little dangerous to give a 9000-pound vehicle 1000HP and then not provide brakes (though inevitably tires will be too weak regardless), but maybe that is just me. Cybertruck will be the same of course. Really good active safety systems can’t come soon enough I guess.

Yeah was going to add to my post before your reply, that GM may be trying to one-up their Bolt bonfires.

I feel like it is a little dangerous to give a 9000-pound vehicle 1000 HP but maybe that is just me. Cybertruck will be the same of course. Really good active safety systems can’t come soon enough I guess.
Haha! Oh also their Corvette E-ray just burnt to a crisp, literally on side of road just a few days ago. It's sketchy as hell as they are saying its gonna release in 2022, lol. And yea, I concur about a 9K lb brick with 3k lbs worth of battery, it's like a bomb on four wheels, smh. It's carrying a whole other car in its belly.

I feel like it is a little dangerous to give a 9000-pound vehicle 1000HP and then not provide brakes (though inevitably tires will be too weak regardless), but maybe that is just me. Cybertruck will be the same of course. Really good active safety systems can’t come soon enough I guess.

Hey, at 9000+lbs, you gotta cut weight somewhere.