Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humming noise, Tesla SC can't hear it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
disclaimer: I’m not even sure if this noise can be described as “humming”, so if you know how to describe this noise better, please leave feedback

Car is 2019 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 19 inch sport wheel with Continentals ProContact Tires

My car makes this subtle humming noise that starts becoming noticeable around 50-60 mph at the begin of every drive, and then exists for the rest of the drive regardless of speed.

This humming noise changes according to the speed of the vehicle—it resonates faster/louder at higher speed, and softens/slows down as the vehicle slows down as well. The noise seems to come from the front of the vehicle—almost sounds like it comes from the front driver/passenger wheel well area.

It is reproducible on almost any roads, but especially much more noticeable when driving on smooth roads/highways. I have attached a recording—it is quite difficult at first to hear the humming from the recording, but if you keep listening closely to it (max volume, set it close to your ear), you should be able to hear the noise throughout the entire 30 seconds

I did a little bit of online searching and found a couple of potential issues: 1. Bad front control arm/arm bushing 2. Wheel issue—wheel deformity/balance, bad wheel bearings 3. Bad strut/shock

I took it to the Tesla Service Center in Burlingame, California, had 2 test drives with 2 different technicians. The first one was able to hear it but wasn’t sure what causes the noise. The 2nd technician, apparently more experienced, didn’t hear it at all and deemed the vehicle completely normal and made me sound like I’m out of my mind to even hear something abnormal.

I’m not sure what to do next. The noise is getting to me, it’s so annoying. I’m hoping someone can give me a glue I appreciate it so much. Thank you.