Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humming sound from passenger side of car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a constant humming noise that sounds like it is coming from the speakers on the passenger side of my 2016 model S. Anybody have this?

Its your passenger headlight. Put your ear next to it. Known issue with the ballast. You can have replaced or wait till it causes the light to partially or fully fail. Search the threads... Plenty of others have the issue including me...

I had this sound that you could hear coming from the actual speaker. Service replaced the speaker. Problem was resolved for a couple months. Just came back recently...
Went in for service a few months ago. They couldnt repeat the sound, though i showed it to the tech that picked up my car to trailer to the SC. Anyways when it came back from service it was gone.... Until this week. So Frustrating.

The noise is clearly coming from the passanger door speaker. It also seems to be assoicated with an amplified, what seems to be motor whine. Id say the hum and whine happens about 75% of my trips. Most common first thing in the morning. This will be the 3rd attempt for service to identify...