Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humor - Tesla almost set on fire - Close Call!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take dragons very seriously. Its not like the tesla was actually on fire. But sorry if you were offended Nigel. Perhaps let your hair down?

I wasn't offended at all - just pointing out that the title is meant to shock people and especially in light of previous media stories (and one particular tale here on TMC that was misunderstood) about EVs catching fire.....

Enough said.

I take dragons very seriously. Its not like the tesla was actually on fire. But sorry if you were offended Nigel. Perhaps let your hair down?

Rick, cute video. However, EVs catching fire tends to be a topic most people that are fans of EVs are very careful about. We have seen numerous blogs and other "news" sources that use posts from forums such as this, often out of context, to portray EVs in a poor light.

Moved it to off-topic, changed the thread title (slightly).

I don't think Nigel was offended (I wasn't). You're missing his point. We have media trolling this forum, and it's crazy how rumors start. Thread titles need to be factual. That's not too much to ask.

Like video links should be factual ... here's one of a Tesla getting handwashed by a large group of bikini-clad volunteers, as part of a publicity stunt: CO2 Green Drive - Bikini Car Wash Performance with Orange Tesla - YouTube

You're missing his point. We have media trolling this forum, and it's crazy how rumors start. Thread titles need to be factual. That's not too much to ask.

+1.

I saw this post (before edited title) and figured it was link bait. I thought maybe somebody might of had some kind of barbecue accident near their S, wasn't expecting a dragon. Cute, but why????

Like video links should be factual ... here's one of a Tesla getting handwashed by a large group of bikini-clad volunteers, as part of a publicity stunt: CO2 Green Drive - Bikini Car Wash Performance with Orange Tesla - YouTube

I also knew this was link bait. But I clicked anyway. Wish I hadn't.

Moved it to off-topic, changed the thread title (slightly).

I don't think Nigel was offended (I wasn't). You're missing his point. We have media trolling this forum, and it's crazy how rumors start. Thread titles need to be factual. That's not too much to ask.

If anyone including the media thinks this is real, they need their head examined. If you think everything on a forum needs to be factual we can spend all day finding thousands of titles that are not. This is simple, its a cool video of a Tesla with a Dragon. This reminds me of the nut jobs who protested the Jesus movie years ago, Their signs read, "its not real". "DUh" its a movie.

If any journalist contacts me and actually asks if my car was on fire, I'll be shocked. Of course if the National Enquirer does not call, I'll be miffed. Lighten Up! Geez!

If anyone including the media thinks this is real, they need their head examined. If you think everything on a forum needs to be factual we can spend all day finding thousands of titles that are not.

Last attempt as we're failing to get the point across. Your video is cute and nobody thinks it's real, but the entire EV market is sensitive to accusations that EVs are unsafe. Sure it's nonsense but people (incl media) do have concerns about new technology and things they don't understand. Should some journalist (and I use the word guardedly) take a headline or quote out of context it wouldn't be the first time. Does that mean we can't say anything critical? No. Does that mean that a sensationalist headline about a Tesla catching fire is less than we might wish for? Yes.

Rick, you're new(ish) to TMC so please take a look at these threads and you'll hopefully understand:

[URL="http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/6843-Chevy-Volt-battery-catches-fire-at-NHTSA"]Chevy-Volt-battery-catches-fire-at-NHTSA

[/URL]
Feds-to-study-fire-risks-in-EV-batteries

Fisker-Fires

Model-S-concerns-Need-advice

Sensationalistic-titles-with-no-content-censorship

Incoming-utility-cable-capacity-A-cautionary-tale

Rickbrown88, also realize there are 31 million shares of TSLA shorted, they are losing money every day, many of them are desperate and will use almost anything to cause a panic and get the price of the stock to drop (even if only temporary), it would give them relief to "cover their short positions". We don't want to give them any excuse to start rumors or write something on "SeekingAlpha". With the issues Fiskar had, and GM went through, we just don't need anything negative if not real.