TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Humorous Album Art

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ohmman, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I listen to radio via TuneIn, as well as podcasts from my iPhone. The album art is frequently humorous. I thought it would be a fun thread to post images of mix-ups.

To start, here's "Fresh Air" on NPR. Flavor Flav and Chuck D!
    IMG_0622.JPG

2. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I put on a kids album to calm my son once and the album art was this really scary-looking monster thing with fangs and claws. No text on the cover from what I remember. I think someone at the album art provider was trolling me.

Too bad they don't just use the embedded art and that could have been avoided. :wink:

3. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

#3 jhs_7645, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Tesla please listen, fix your software to add pulling album art from my phone!

No doubt my biggest issue: the completely useless album art lookup for Podcasts. This is what I had to look at while listening to yesterday's BBC World Report about the Airline crash in France. I mean.. SERIOUSLY Tesla! This is ridiculous. I would email [email protected] but that's completely pointless. Maybe I'll get more traction posting here.

2015-03-25 17.17.01.jpg
    2015-03-25 17.17.49.jpg

4. stevem

stevem Member

My favorite is the TWIT Security Now podcast. It's album art from iTunes is:
    cover170x170.jpeg

But my car shows this:
    IMG_5247.JPG

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Podcasts often have (sometimes goofy) episode names and it seems that the app is interpreting it as an album or song name and doing its best to find the cover art. The results are often hilarious.

6. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

This is really annoying. I reported the podcast album art issue to Tesla last year or earlier. They said resetting the image cache would fix it, and probably never got the bug report back to the right team.

I listen to Astronomy Cast which includes a Dr Pamela Gay. You can imagine the inappropriate art that name conjures. :redface:

Tesla, just don't attempt album art for podcasts. Spotify or Gracenote or wherever you get the art from isn't going to include the correct art!

7. OverZealous

OverZealous Member

I don't really even like it for legitimate songs & albums. Some albums have multiple covers, or belong to multiple albums. Often, the one on my phone is different than the car, and it throws me off.

We also have one song we enjoy (no lyrics) with a cover that is mildly inappropriate for our 3yo, so I replaced it on my phone, but that doesn't really help when the car goes out and downloads the original again.

8. morbot

morbot Member

The album "2.0" by Big Data looks a lot like a "broken image" icon for gifs. Looks funny when it comes up on Slacker.

Big_Data_-_2.0_(album)_cover.jpg

• Informative x 1
  9. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

The WGBH Conspiracy!

For years now, no matter what show is on WGBH Radio (NPR in Boston), the description and related image have always been the same:
    IMG_1373.JPG
    Now Mr. Kogan may be a great violinist...but this has been the creepiest picture to look at for all this time.

I assumed my car was just stuck on this image somehow, and at one point even asked the Service Center to clear it out. Which they did.

It came back.

And now I just noticed that a loner P85 I've been driving also has the same image, which implies that WGBH has been broadcasting the descriptive data wrong all this time. I know Tesla comes up with it's own image from the web, but the data comes from the radio stream somehow.

So I went to another (non-Tesla) car which shows the descriptive data, and for WGBH it does NOT show Brahms, Mozart, or Kogan at all.

So why is it this only shows on Tesla radios? What is it WGBH is trying to say to us? Is Mr. Kogan trapped inside the station and cannot get out?

10. RDoc

RDoc S85D

S**t, someone noticed!

Um, could you email the station your home address and when you're home please?

11. Evbwcaer

Evbwcaer Member

On KNOW in Minneapolis it is an album called, F*ck Me I'm Famous, its some techno I think.

12. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

(From Internet searches...)
    David Guetta compilation albums, named the same as some of the parties he DJs.

13. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

For ESPN 710 out of Los Angeles it's always something called D12 World *shrug*

D12_World.jpg

14. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Now getting the same image for KVEC local San Luis Obispo 720 am

15. SoTX_WestTX

SoTX_WestTX Member

I've been thinking of starting this thread for a year know, should have figured someone would have beaten me to it. :)

Here's my first submission. Interestingly, the album art changes for the same podcasts from time to time. (I, too, listen to several podcasts on the TWiT network.)

2016-10-18 12.50.13.jpg

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

Great thread! Version 8 keeps the hits coming. How about this for the Economist? Same article playing my two and a half year old BMW i3 (with no OTA updates) and the MS with the latest greatest media player, can you guess which is which?

IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1488.JPG

17. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

Just before 8.0 landed, this happened...

20160925_122350.jpg

18. SoTX_WestTX

SoTX_WestTX Member

Are you suggesting that Lester Roadhog Moran have never actually performed in Ibiza? I feel like he and the other Cadillac Cowboys would be a big hit there. :p

19. f-stop

f-stop Member

while v8.0 seems to (mostly) fix album art on songs stored on USB, there are still problems with album art on songs played over Bluetooth from your phone. e.g. with podcasts playing over Bluetooth, I'm guessing that somehow the episode name is looked at to grab some randomly incorrect album art - different episodes of the same podcast series seem to get different art. Other times the album art shown is just blank.

I've seen many strange examples like this one, for a Macworld podcast. different episodes show different art

IMG_4748.JPG

also, songs from the iTunes library stored on the phone played over Bluetooth sometimes show wrong album art too. e.g. this special edition of an Adele album still confuses the Tesla v8 media player over Bluetooth (even though same album displays correctly now in v8 USB media player). Probably not coincidentally, the album art is the same which was shown in the v7 media player when it was ignoring the stored metadata on USB songs.

IMG_4749.JPG

20. SoTX_WestTX

SoTX_WestTX Member