Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humorous Album Art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20161031_182547.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
I'm surprised there still isn't a fix for this another year later. I listen to podcasts all the time, and the randomness of the album art is embarrassing, especially because a Google search for "Slate Money" brings up the correct art right at the top, while even searching specifically for "Black Slate reggae album" still doesn't bring up the wild guess the Model S console displays for the Slate Money podcast.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Well, it clearly keys off the title "Here's the Thing" to find "Here I am to Worship for Kids", just like "Slate Money" gets connected to "Black Slate". So those must be in the meta data as "album title". I guess there's a cache of musical album art somewhere, and it just grabs whichever is first in the search results. It's not googling or anything.

But what's baffling is that most podcasts have album art embedded in the metadata. Every podcast player displays it! In fact, when the delivery guy was showing me the functions, we pulled up The Dana Gould Hour directly in the music function (rather than streaming from my phone), and it displayed the correct album art there on the center display...

Thanks for the thread bump, been meaning to post this gem.. I was listening to Alex Baldwin's "Here's the Thing" podcast with Jon Anderson of Yes.

The title of the podcast was: "Yes, Jon Anderson's Musical Adventure Isn't Over"

Yes, my iPhone's name is HankLloydRight. ;)
As someone whose status line is a Jon Anderson lyric, thank you for pointing out that podcast episode.
Edit: as a kid, I worshipped his music. So it's not entirely wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
I'm surprised there still isn't a fix for this another year later. I listen to podcasts all the time, and the randomness of the album art is embarrassing, especially because a Google search for "Slate Money" brings up the correct art right at the top, while even searching specifically for "Black Slate reggae album" still doesn't bring up the wild guess the Model S console displays for the Slate Money podcast.

actually, I'm not surprised at all it's still not fixed, considering the general lack of attention Tesla pays to the audio player with its long list of other unresolved bugs... I agree that whatever it's doing, it's ridiculously brain dead especially considering all other podcast players correctly grab the embedded album art

sometimes it seems pretty obvious how it lazily grabs album art based on simply one or two words or numbers in the podcast's title or description, e.g. this one keyed off the numbers in the date of the New York Times' "The Daily" podcast:

IMG_8631.JPG

but in other cases there seems to be no rhyme nor reason; I find a lot of podcasts get displayed with album art from seemingly random classical pieces:
IMG_8634.JPG
IMG_8636.JPG

then there's also things like this (maybe Tesla is just showing us it knows who's ahead in the current TV ratings):

IMG_8635.JPG

Last edited: