TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hunter Valley EV Festival

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by MangroveMike, Aug 7, 2016.

1. MangroveMike

MangroveMike Member

The Hunter Valley EV Festival is on this weekend at Cameron Park on the outskirts of Newcastle.

It is organised by the Tom Farrell Institute at the University of Newcastle. I've been to the last couple (last year my car was on display with @Dborn) and there have been plenty of cool things on show, including an electric Delorean!

Details are here:
    Hunter Valley Electric Vehicle Festival

This year it is at Cameron Park, a go-cart track and they want cars to display and parade around the track. They are very keen on getting some Tesla's there and I will be there from midday Saturday onwards (can't get there any earlier - kids semi-finals weekend).

Any other Newcastle / Central Coast / Sydney based owners available to create a 'flock' of Tesla's to go around the track?

2. houdini

houdini Member

Let us know how it went.

3. NovoCasGreeny

NovoCasGreeny Member

It was pretty interesting and seemed to have quite a good turnout. It missed the chance to catch up with Mike, but they took quite a few people out on the track in the Mike's and another Tesla that was there. There was a good selection of other EV's, a hydrogen vehicle and lots of electric bikes and push bikes. The races looked like a lot of fun too. I will probably take my car along next year, assuming I will be available.

4. MangroveMike

MangroveMike Member

It was lots of fun - sorry we didn't catch up @NovoCasGreeny . Track-time with Dainis with his P85D and mine was a heap of fun and we both talked our heads off all day.
    I did grab some video from my Tesla Dashcam so I'll clean it up and post it here with a few photos.

5. MangroveMike

MangroveMike Member

Here are a few photos.
    IMG_3502 (1).jpg Very Cool Electric Delorean

IMG_3505 (1).jpg IMG_3498 (1).jpg IMG_3517 (1).jpg IMG_3519 (1).jpg IMG_3520 (1).jpg IMG_3528 (1).jpg
    Track time!

6. MangroveMike

MangroveMike Member

• Like x 1